Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

My Team/THX for Opinions

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My Team/THX for Opinions

Postby nikolai37 » Mon May 12, 2008 5:46 pm

Hey everyone. Im in a 10 team 5x5 roto league. I am currently in first place by 4.5 points. I am happy about my team because I have worked hard to make them competitive. Early in the season my starting pitching was a disaster, only two starters remain from my draft. I worked waivers and spot started nearly everyday until I settled on the 5 man rotation I have now. All the spot starting caused me to be about 5% ahead of my starts allowed pace, so I am trying to bring that down, then maybe I will pick up a sixth starter. The 5 starters I had after my draft were Peavy, Sabathia, Liriano, PMartinez, and DWillis. Horrible. Now my problem is my outfield, especially since Willingham went to the DL. I have to start 5 in the OF. I have not made any trades. Anyways heres my team.

C - Ryan Doumit
1B - Derrek Lee
2B - Ian Kinsler
3B - Mike Lowell
SS - Hanley Ramirez
1B/3B - Prince Fielder
2B/SS - Miguel Tejada
OF - Alex Rios
OF - Jason Bay
OF - Jacoby Ellsbury
OF - Milton Bradley
OF - David Murphy(starting tomorrow)
UTIL - Casey Kotchman
Bench - Jayson Werth(OF)
Bench - Chone Figgins(I only have one DL slot)
DL - Josh Willingham(OF)

In my fifth outfield spot I have been playing Werth against lefties and Murphy against righties. I'm considering dropping Murphy for Cliff Floyd who is on waivers. Heres my rotation.

SP - Jake Peavy
SP - CC Sabathia
SP - Ervin Santana
SP - Edinson Volquez
SP - Shaun Marcum

I have 5 relievers and hold 1st place in saves by 7. I just dropped Isringhausen for Ryan Franklin even though I dont know if he's the Cards closer or not. I would like to hold only 4 relievers at some point but want to hold my lead there.

RP - Jonathan Papelbon
RP - Joakim Soria
RP - Bobby Jenks
RP - CJ Wilson
RP - Ryan Franklin

Obviously my weak point is that 5th spot in OF, atleast until Willingham comes back. That 4th spot was killing me too until I picked up Bradley about two weeks ago, he has been playing as good as anyone on my team since then. I'm wondering how Cliff Floyd is going to keep playing, and if he could fill that fifth spot until Willingham gets back. Griffey was also dropped a couple days ago, and JD Drew is on waivers, thats about it. I could trade but I hate trying to work out trades.

Thanks for checking my team out.
nikolai37
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team