Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Dead Last! Bad luck or start to dump? (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dead Last! Bad luck or start to dump? (WHIR)

Postby kingmike74 » Fri May 09, 2008 10:08 am

10 man 5x5 ROTO non keeper

After my draft I did all post draft analysis using 8 of the best sources out there. I was a first place team.

Since then I have been 9th or 10th place and doens some trades (my Sabathia/Konerko for Howard/Verlander)

I also added Pedro & Pettitte recently for somewins help. I have only 8 wins this year! :-o

What should I do? My team below does not look bad but as in gets closer to June, I am really getting ticked off. Time to start dealing or stick with it?

5x5 ROTO, non keeper

C- Bengie Molina
C- Jason Varitek
1B- Ryan Howard
2B- Placido Polanco
3B- David Wright
SS- Rafael Furcal
OF- Matt Kemp
OF- Carlos Beltran
OF- Jeff Francouer
OF- Corey Hart
OF- Brad Hawpe
UT- Alfonso Soriano
UT- Todd Helton

SP- Erik Bedard
SP- Aaron Harang
SP- Justin Verlander
SP- Ian Snell
SP- Derek Lowe
SP- Jeff Francis
SP- Andy Pettitte
RP- Francisco Rodriguez
RP- Matt Capps

RES- Pedro Martinez
RES- John Danks

NO DL SPOTS
"I can't wait to put the uniform on each day" ~ Bobby Cox
kingmike74
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 52)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dead Last! Bad luck or start to dump? (WHIR)

Postby YanksLifer » Fri May 09, 2008 10:32 am

Thanks for the help with mine. Honestly, I can't see the likes Howard, Beltran and Soriano not hitting. I also can't see Bedard, Verlander and especially Harang not beginning to see the wins. Even if you tried dealing say, Beltran for SP you may not get full value back. I'd stick a little while longer. Just MHO.
YanksLifer
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Postby jermhorse » Fri May 09, 2008 11:08 am

You might just want to throw some crazy trades out there and see what sticks. Maybe like a Howard for Jacobs and Burrel, just to mix it up and see where other owners are at. I'm sure you are being veiwed as a guy willing to bargain and you might be able to use that to your advantage. Trust me everyone else is waiting for Beltran and Howard to wake up also. I would just let go of my idea of "perfect predictions" and mix it from the bottom. 10th place that is. IMO
jermhorse
College Coach
College Coach

Postby charliebrown2 » Fri May 09, 2008 12:05 pm

I think your team is fine and I'd wait it out

only reason you're down is because your guys are slumping - Howard, Wright, Beltran, Soriano, Bedard, Verlander, Harang (pitches good, just no run support for the W)

oh yea, don't offer what the above post mentioned (howard for jacob/burrel)....you've sat through Howard's "slump", get ready to reap the reward when he goes on fire...at least i hope he does (i have howard too)

thx for help on mine
charliebrown2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheGinner » Fri May 09, 2008 3:22 pm

I'd stay put, at least another month. It is a long season, and a lot of fantasy owners have trouble keeping their patience and make rational moves. If it gets into July and you still only have 8 wins, you may need to look elsewhere. I liked that trade where you get howard/verlander by the way.
TheGinner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Siddo4ty4 » Fri May 09, 2008 8:05 pm

jermhorse wrote:You might just want to throw some crazy trades out there and see what sticks. Maybe like a Howard for Jacobs and Burrel, just to mix it up and see where other owners are at. I'm sure you are being veiwed as a guy willing to bargain and you might be able to use that to your advantage. Trust me everyone else is waiting for Beltran and Howard to wake up also. I would just let go of my idea of "perfect predictions" and mix it from the bottom. 10th place that is. IMO

Love your icon LOL!
Siddo4ty4
College Coach
College Coach

Postby gaijin27 » Sat May 10, 2008 12:34 am

Your team looks real good (not right now, but the potential is there). Definitely wait it out for some of those guys to really heat up (Howard, Beltran, Verlander and such). You've just had a spot of bad luck, but for now, I don't think you really have anything to worry about. Like others have said, wait about a month and keep in check on your boys performances, if they're still sub par, you might want to start dealing.
gaijin27 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team