Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate and give advice please!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate and give advice please!

Postby Nickquake » Tue May 06, 2008 2:39 pm

I'm in a 12-team roto league on yahoo. Standard 5 x 5 scoring and I'm currently in 1st. The 2nd place team is 26.5 points behind me, and I'm looking to at the least keep pace and not let this lead diminish. This may sound like a pointless topic, but my problem is my offense is top 3 in all 5 categories and 1st in runs, hrs and rbis and I have to bench players each day who any other team would play each day. So i'm lookin to scrap one or two for some more SPs or another RP, but I'm not sure which to discard. Here's my roster:

C - Geovany Soto
1b - Adrian Gonzalez
2b - Ryan Theriot
SS - Edgar Renteria
3b - Miguel Cabrera
OF - Carl Crawford
OF - Corey Hart
OF - Josh Hamilton
Uti - Chipper Jones
Bench - Nick Markakis
Bench - Conor Jackson

SP - Eric Bedard
SP - Brett Myers
RP - Todd Jones
RP - Kevin Gregg
RP - Brandon Lyon
P - John Maine
P - Shaun Marcum
P - Joe Blanton
P - Johnny Cueto
P - Ervin Santana

As of now, I'm thinking of trying to package a deal or do a 2 for 2 with Markakis and Jackson because I have more faith in Corey Hart than Markakis and Gonzalez has shown he's a very solid 1b. Chipper seems to have the most potential for receiving a stud closer or a top pitcher, but he's been so amazing it's kinda hard to let go until he at least slides a bit, plus Miggy hasn't exactly been on fire thus far (I had drafted Chip in round 6 for trade bait because 3b was weak this year so it kinda contradicts my plan if I keep him). But in the end, I'm just wasting away two high ranked players everyday whom I have to bench when I could try and make a trade for a closer or another SP.

For pitching, the relief is obviously the weakest point, and was meant to be so, but I still rank 8 on saves but there are 3 other teams who are within 2 saves of my total. I really like my SPs and don't want to trade any away, but I'm willing to sacrifice a few points in saves to keep wins, era, Ks and whip in the top ranks.

So please let me know what you think about the overall roster and what you'd personally do to improve my relief and possible SP additions or removals. Thanks.
Nickquake
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate and give advice please!

Postby bsblallstr » Tue May 06, 2008 4:38 pm

try to trade adrian gonzalez for a better pitcher either in relief or in SP, i would go for a RP if it was me. You would increase saves and your hitting wont take too much a hit with jackson at 1st base. You could just sit on your team, but if there was an adjustment to make i think that would be it.

please help viewtopic.php?t=343659
Reyes and guerrero, the two most blessed players in the league, not to mention the most fun to watch
bsblallstr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team