Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Trades? and Rate My Team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trades? and Rate My Team

Postby CKGJR30 » Mon May 05, 2008 12:33 am

Rate My Trades and My Team Please, In a keeper league with 10 teams.

I made two trades this season so far what do you guys think of them.

I recieve: Carlos Gomez, Robinson Cano, and Jimmy Rollins (DL)
He recieves: Vladimir Guerrero and Brian Roberts

My second trade.

I recieve Brian McCann and Bill Hall

He recieves: Kenji Jojima, Nick Swisher, and Torii Hunter

My Team.

C- Brian McCann
1B- Miguel Cabrera
2B- Robinson Cano
3B- Bill Hall
SS- Hanley Ramirez
CI- Troy Glaus
MI- Placido Polanco
Of-Corey Hart
Of- Koske Fukudome
Of- Xavier Nady
Ut- Mike Lowell
Ut- Mike Cameron
Ut- Rick Ankeil
DL- Jimmy Rollins

Pitching
SP- Roy Oswalt
SP- Dan Haren
SP- Jeff Francis
SP- Chein Mieng Wang
SP- Joe Saunders
RP- Francisco Rodrieguez
RP- Carlos Marmol

Also Who should i drop when J-Roll comes off the DL this week. and i'm also in trade talks trying to get back Roberts (theirs a story behind it how i never wanted to give him up and i never knew the other guy offered me another trade w/out roberts my mistake) but is this a good trade? either Roberts for Cano and 3rd round pick, or Polanco and 2nd and 4th round pick?

Thanks and I look forward to your input.
CKGJR30
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: -4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trades? and Rate My Team

Postby AsimoV82 » Mon May 05, 2008 1:29 pm

I'm honestly not a fan of either trade. They're by no means horrible, I just prefer the players you gave up.

That said, once Rollins gets back, you're looking at a solid team. Pitching staff looks especially nice. I would personally try to trade Nady while he's this hot.
AsimoV82
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Siddo4ty4 » Mon May 05, 2008 2:26 pm

Yeah, Im more of a more for Less kind of trader so the first trade makes me cringe; though Rollins is a nice pick up.

You 2nd trade is okay, if your desperate for a good catcher, but you gave up a couple of good OF's in Swisher and Hunter.

Hope those trades work out for you.
Siddo4ty4
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)

Postby master_herm » Mon May 05, 2008 4:28 pm

I actually like your first trade. I am also a HUGE more-for-less trader; my philosophy is you can always pick someone up from the waiver wire who can at least compare to the "more" you are trading away. Also I NEVER trade "down", and by doing that I make a progression throughout the season in my trades, and I end up with superstars. I like to pick up guys, trade em when they're hot for higher-ranked guys, and keep doing that until I assemble a really good team.

That said, I like your first trade because I think Vlad is hugely overrated, and I like Rollins more than Vlad. I also like Cano more than Roberts once he starts hitting. Gomez will make it up for steals, so you're set. 2nd trade is good too because you're making a huge upgrade at catcher, which is much more important than the utils you are giving away since you have depth anyway. Starting Mccann every day over Johjima will make a huge impact for your team (Johjima is actually a FA in my 10-team league, that's how bad he is).

I'd try to trade Nady and Polanco for an upgrade at MI, Nady is perenially a fast starter so you should get high value for him while he's hot. If you have to drop a guy anyway, try to at least do a 2 for 1 trade so you get some value out of him. If you can't pull off a trade then dump Polanco.

Hope that helps.
master_herm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: -12)

Postby whtlghtn49 » Tue May 06, 2008 1:19 am

Thanks for the comments on my team buddy. I'll give my opinions on yours.

I personally love your first trade for Rollins. I look at it this way... Rollins>>Guerrero, and Cano=Roberts, plus you got a throw-in with Gomez (though I don't see him on your team?). That is a steal. I tried to trade a guy just yesterday, he received Jeter, Sheffield, & Matt Cain, I received Rollins & Max Scherzer, and he thought I was ripping him off, and turned it down! So you definitely got the best of that, according to my league!

I also like your 2nd trade as you made a huge upgrade at Catcher, where there just aren't that many quality ones out there, and hey, you have to play one! McCann is on my team, and he's been really consistent thus far, even giving some good power numbers.

The one thing that may possibly catch my eye about your team is that you might be a little weak in HR & RBI categories. I could be wrong, but just glancing over it, I don't see any big power guys really pop out at me. I know you are set at 1B with Cabrera, but what about possibly going after Fielder or Howard for your Util or CI? You've got some hot guys right now in Nady & Wang...they could be good trade bait? Even F-Rod, and possibly get a (numbers-wise) lesser closer in return packaged with a power hitter.

Just my 2 cents buddy, hope it helps. Other than that, your team looks really solid. You've got 2 of the top 5-6 players in the league on it in Rollins and Ramirez...that's a great core.

What do ya'll think about him going after a Howard or Fielder?
whtlghtn49
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby CKGJR30 » Sat May 10, 2008 3:18 am

i actually took your advice and traded nady and hall and my 9th round for fielder
CKGJR30
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: -4)

Postby athleticsfan13 » Sat May 10, 2008 4:01 pm

Both of your trades look to be good. Your receiving younger guys (especially in the first trade) and getting Rollins was a steal in the 2nd. Your team should compete very well over the years.
athleticsfan13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Redlegs. » Mon May 12, 2008 10:12 pm

I really like the first trade to get rollins. Having hanley and rollins will be great. Also you are getting cano, who we all expect to heat up hopefully a lot. Gomez in my opinion will be top 3 in steals, and actually contribute in other catergories unlike bourne and others. Vlad in my mind is overrated also, and roberts seems to be very streaky and you made up for his SB's with gomez and rollins. The second trade helped as well, since catcher position is weak.

For your lineup, it looks really solid. Once cabrera heats up, knock on wood as i have him too, you will be set for keepers. I like your trading away of Nady, as he seems to do this hot hitting at the beginning every year. Gaining Fielder out of that helps a lot. For a keeper league, i'm not convinced with your pitching. Oswalt seems out of it, and i don't like Francis. Although i like marmol and Saunders for keepers. And Haren will always be solid.

Rate my team too.. thanks!
Redlegs.
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: -1)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team