An Iconic Fantasy Baseball Community
Moderator: Baseball Moderators
BigMusky wrote:who do you think is getting ripped off? I could see that deal making alot of sense to someone with a strong OF and in need of pitching. Jason Bay is a year removed (injured) from a top 10 Outfielder and Kazmir is a pretty good ace when healthy.
phorts wrote:Sorry for the long post, but i'm in a predicament and could use some outside advice. I feel it's best to give the background on the league when asking for moral support. Thanks in advance for helping and certainly will Help in Return.
I run my own Y! Plus League and have been doing so for the past 4 years. Most of the same people have been playing for the past 4 years with some new faces in and out. It's not a highly competitive league by any means, but I try to keep it lighthearted and fun...
Anyways, this year there's been a LOT of trading activity going on and i've been on the forefront. I feel like i've won in most of the trades i've gotten done, but some managers are giving me crap for using my friendship/commish status unfairly to get trades done in my favor. In other words, they think i'm taking advantage of the other, less astute managers.
I've been having to justify each trade and defend myself against these accusations. In the end people just throw their hands up and say "whatever dude...". I can get defense at times so i'm posting here to ask how other commish's might handle this situation. Here's some of my trades that i've put through.
1. My Adam Wainright for his JJ Hardy (Bad trade for me)
2. My Brad Hawpe for his Ian Kinsler (I'm likin Kinsler this year and Hawpe was a BN OF for me)
3. My Adam Dunn for his Carolos Guillen (Could go either way but so far is working out as my first trade for a SS was a bust)
Those 2 trades were with the two owners I get the most flac from, so naturally they were OK with those. Here's some that I was able to pull off with other managers.
1. My Figgins/Felix/Volquez for his Sizemore/Verlander - So far this has been killing me. I played this guy last week and i got to see Felix/Volquez twice each.. I played Verlander twice and got two lousy starts. I drafted Figgins in round 4 this year (very high but I like him). So i feel this was a good trade both ways as he needed pitching and I needed more power without losing too much speed and I had a surplus in pitching. Needless to say i got some heat for this... but ultimately people calmed down.
2. My Kazmir/Bay for his Vlad Guerrero - Different Manager. He needed pitching BADLY and had SERIOUS surplus in OF. (Hamilton, Markakis, Rios, Vlad, and 2 others). We talked about Beckett for Vlad and he was down but ultimately i sent over Kaz/Bay. He accepted and again, i got crap for it. Mainly because one of the crap givers dropped Bay off his team because I was callin him useless (because i wanted him to drop him so i could get him). I think I won on this deal but people saw it differently as Kaz was on the DL and he didnt need OF. Hey, i have to admit i felt a little guilty about it, but I also know that i've put through much more questionable trades...
3. My Vlad/Reynolds for his Holliday - Different Manager again - This is the trade that put people over the edge tonight as it was just accepted. I got 3 texts within 15 minutes from managers going apey Saying "No way dude!". I mean, Vlad is NASTY and Reynolds is on a tear...i sold high on reynolds and i'm not confident on Vladdy this year. Again, i think I won in this deal but he needed to upgrade at 3B (He has a slumpy Zimmerman) while not losing too much at OF. He has Holliday, McClouth, Justin Upton, and Chris Young. Not too shabby.
So, as the commish people think i'm taking advantage of these guys. I feel bad.... i want to keep things fair and I want to keep the peace.
Are these trades unfair? What would you do?
Thanks again for your help.
PS: Other trades that I have passed in the league: ( I have not vetoed a trade yet and will only veto if I feel there is tampering involved or if there is not full disclosure between both parties, ie. a player is heading to the DL and a manager tries to trade them before the other player figures it out)
Rich Hill for Todd Jones
Snell/Church for Ichiro
Ichiro for V. Wells
Magglio for Teix
Magglio/Haren/Saito for Wells/Hamels
Oswalt/Saito for Delgado
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests