Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Help me balance my team out whir

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help me balance my team out whir

Postby grifoman » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:30 pm

Hey all, I am in a 10 team roto league. I feel I can win this league with a few tweaks to my team. I am weak on hitting. not horrible, but it is my weakness. yahoo 6x6 league. Standard cats plus OPS and K/9.

C Geovany Soto
C Bengie Molina
1b Mark Teixeira
2b Rickie Weeks
3b Chipper Jones
SS Julio Lugo
CI Mark Teahan
MI Jeff Kent
LF Carlos Lee
CF andrew Jones
RF Jeff Francoeur
OF Adam Dunn
OF Pat Burrell
Util Matt Kemp
Util Joe Crede

SP Jake Peavy
SP Johan Santana
RP Manuel Corpas
RP C.J. Wilson
P Brandon Webb
P Kevin Gregg
P CC Sabathia
P Carlos Maramol
BN Felix Hernandez
BN Tim Hudson
BN Randy Wolfe
DL Scott Kazmir

Free agents include EE, Frank Thomasm, Laroche, Ryan Ludwick, and Carlos Quenton.

Because there are so many positions, the FA pool is pretty slim.

I decided to go with Johan in the first, and all the value picks seemed to be in pitching. Right now I have 56 of 60 pitching cats, but I am 3rd in the league. I am ok in Hr and RBI's I am absolutly horrible in SB (last) BA (3rd to last) and runs (4th to last)

I know I have some anchors on o. I feel I need to improve through some trades. I am open to sugguestions.

I have put out some trade offers to see if anyone is interested. Johan and Dunn for Hanley, and Johan and Dunn for Pujos and Furcal.

Anyone else have some better ideas?

Team below.
grifoman Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Help me balance my team out whir

Postby still-hate-francisco-cabrera » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:09 am

I think your plan is a good one. You have 2 top 5 pitchers. Trade one of them to bolster the offense.

Other than SS, nothing that you have is bad, it's just that most of it isn't really good either. 1B and LF are fine. You don't need to worry about those two positions. Everything else could be upgraded, but won't kill you if it isn't upgraded.

I like the idea of trading Johan for a top tier player at one of your weaker positions. I think your pitching staff is strong enough to absorb the loss and your offense will benefit from getting a boost at a position that is currently weak.
still-hate-francisco-cabrera
College Coach
College Coach

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help me balance my team out whir

Postby Luckskywalker7 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:26 am

Yes like stated above try and move santana around for reyes, rollins, or ramirez. Then I think you would be set.
Luckskywalker7
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team