Ted Lilly
Tim Hudson

RP:
Rafael Betancourt
Masa Kobayashi
Kerry Wood
Matt Capps
Jason Isringhausen

My first move (once he clears waivers) is to swap kobayashi for Heath Bell. My questions, actually, is regarding my SP'ers. How does the rotation look for a 10 team H2H league? I'm wondering whether I should trade a combination of Hudson + Burnett or Perez and try to pick up a Kazmir/Sabathia/Webb type pitcher. First off, do you think this is a good idea or will I be stronger keeping my SP'ers as they are? Second, would trading for an ace type pitcher (while keeping Smolts and Lackey) worth having 3 aces type pitchers and picking up 2 WW starters be stronger or weaker than where I'm at now?

Basically, if I can keep Smoltz and Lackey and trade the rest of my depth for a Kazmir/Webb type pitcher would I be stronger doing that and picking up 2 spot starters a week or would I be smarter keeping how I am now?

Burnett and Perez can put up pretty good numbers, are they worth trading? As long as they arn't bundled together? Help me to strategize/ realize the value of Perez/Burnett.....

Thanks guys
WSU Tony
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pitching staff question (WHIR)

Postby Sensei » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:22 pm

I like Burnett, but he seems to be struggling. My opinion on this type is that it's always better to get another ace that you throw out there regardless of who he faces. I just traded a bat and a mediocre pitcher for Hamels so I can do just that...have 3 aces to always put out there, and pick my starts carefully with my other 2-3 starters. Aces (unless they go Sabathia on you) are generally more consistent. Lilly/Burnett are struggling, but Hudson/Perez might generate some interest.
"I've failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
Sensei
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team