Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Last Place in 10 Team H2H 5x5 (No Keep) - Need Help! WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Last Place in 10 Team H2H 5x5 (No Keep) - Need Help! WHIR

Postby phorts » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:24 am

Ok, after the first two weeks my team is 4-15 and sitting soundly in last place. I'm posting here because I need a reality check.. is my team THAT BAD? Thanks for any and all ratings/suggestions! I noted in ()'s how i acquired this player or why I have them.

C - Mike Napoli (No other worthy C's on FA except for maybe Doumit)
1B - Prince Fielder
2B - Ian Kinsler (Traded Brad Hawpe)
SS - Carlos Guillen (Traded Adam Dunn)
3B - Miguel Cabrera
OF - Grady Sizemore (Traded Figgins/Felix Hernandez for Sizemore/Verlander..yeah...score!)
OF - Torii Hunter
OF - Jason Bay (FA Pickup)
Util - Mark Reynolds (FA Pickup)
BN - Hunter Pence

SP - Josh Beckett
SP - Justin Verlander
SP - Chad Billingsley
SP - Joe Blanton
SP - Dustin McGowan
SP - Wandy Rodriguez (needed a streamer last week)
RP - Brad Lidge
RP - Joamin Soria
RP - Kerry Wood
DL - John Lackey
DL - Scott Kazmir

Once Lack and Kaz come back i'll be dropping 2 pitchers (prolly wandy and blanton). I'm lacking some power (may have lost out on the dunn for Guillen deal). So i feel my best option is to trade pitching for some power bats... but who for who?

Ok, to the wolves..thanks mengs.
Last edited by phorts on Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phorts
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 10 Team H2H 5x5 - Please Rate - Need More Powah Scotty!

Postby phorts » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:25 pm

anyone? Where can i improve? Will definitely help in return, please post link to your thread!
phorts
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Last Place in 10 Team H2H 5x5 (No Keep) - Need Help! WHIR

Postby FrankieYankee » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:45 pm

phorts wrote:Ok, after the first two weeks my team is 4-15 and sitting soundly in last place. I'm posting here because I need a reality check.. is my team THAT BAD? Thanks for any and all ratings/suggestions! I noted in ()'s how i acquired this player or why I have them.

1B - Prince Fielder
3B - Miguel Cabrera
OF - Grady Sizemore (Traded Figgins/Felix Hernandez for Sizemore/Verlander..yeah...score!)
OF - Torii Hunter
BN - Hunter Pence

SP - Josh Beckett
SP - Justin Verlander
SP - Chad Billingsley
SP - Joe Blanton
SP - Dustin McGowan
RP - Brad Lidge
RP - Joamin Soria
RP - Kerry Wood
DL - John Lackey
DL - Scott Kazmir

Once Lack and Kaz come back i'll be dropping 2 pitchers (prolly wandy and blanton). I'm lacking some power (may have lost out on the dunn for Guillen deal). So i feel my best option is to trade pitching for some power bats... but who for who?

Thanks for the input. Kazmir coming back is a huge plus. I also have Kazmir, and cant wait to have him back because he is THAT good. You could definitely afford to trade on of your big guns. I would trade Beckett, and Jason Bay, for a big time OF.
FrankieYankee
College Coach
College Coach

Postby phorts » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:56 pm

I was thinking the same thing, but I'm having a hard time with 2 things:

1. Who would/could I get for Beckett/Bay?
2. My Staff would now be down to Lackey/Kaz/Verlander as my Aces w/ fillers of BIllingsley, McGowan, Blanton - None of these guys have done anything this year (especially the 2 DL guys) so i'm losing out on my lock down Ace which i think is Key in fantasy.

Should I maybe drop it down to a Verlander/Bay for a 2nd Tier OF? I just traded away Figgins who was my steals/avg beast and Felix who was my K Stud.. but I had to in order to get sizemore/verlander which I think I made out very well on. (I also threw in Volquez to get the deal done....whatever).

So, the pitching well, while deep, would be much shallower w/o the current stream of Beckett.. I'm thinkin im gunna need some power comin back if I deal verlander/bay...

who's got what I need that I could get with that bunch?

aye aye aye....
phorts
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Magnus_CA » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:59 pm

Your team is good...you just have a slumping Fielder, Pence and Miggy. I would try and acquire a 3rd closer, since Lidge and Wood are not reliable options and possibly a speedster since your biggest source for SB's right now is Sizemore. Sit tight and don't do anything drastic. You will slowly but surely climb the rankings. You have a retardedly good SP rotation. Your trade bait is there.
Magnus_CA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Redlegs » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:32 pm

thx for help

i think you have a very good team. your offense is great except for you're a little light on speed. your pitching looks great too, just might need another closer.

good luck
Redlegs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Spartans Rule » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:49 pm

I really like your pitching, even though a lot of it is injured or underperforming. That may make it hard to trade and get fair value right now. You may want to sit tight for a bit, let your pitchers get going before you start looking to deal. It's tough to be patient when you're losing, but your team is too good to panic.

When he does get going, I think a good guy to trade is Beckett. His name recognition value is huge and he should net you a very good power bat. I know it seems risky to trade your ace but I think your staff is strong enough that you can afford to do so.
Spartans Rule
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby phorts » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:10 pm

Ok, I think that certainly helps... I gotta lay off the itchy trading finger and let my team ride it out. I'm playing a semi-weak team this week and i'm up 7-2-1... and w/ Miggy lighting it up this week, and Prince jackin his 1st HR...it could be bad news for some upcoming Oppponents...

Thanks for the advice everyone... i'm hangin strong and moving up the ranks!
phorts
College Coach
College Coach

Postby JustLivinTheDream » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:49 am

phorts wrote:Ok, after the first two weeks my team is 4-15 and sitting soundly in last place. I'm posting here because I need a reality check.. is my team THAT BAD? Thanks for any and all ratings/suggestions! I noted in ()'s how i acquired this player or why I have them.

1B - Prince Fielder
3B - Miguel Cabrera
OF - Torii Hunter
BN - Hunter Pence

SP - Josh Beckett
SP - Justin Verlander
SP - Chad Billingsley
SP - Joe Blanton
SP - Dustin McGowan
RP - Brad Lidge
RP - Joamin Soria
RP - Kerry Wood
DL - John Lackey
DL - Scott Kazmir

well i like your starting pitching alot you just might have to make a trade to get another another closing pitcher and catcher, your outfield looks good but another strong addition to go along with grady and tori wouldnt hurt or u can just wait till hunter pence heats back up...good luck bro and thanks for your input on my team
JustLivinTheDream
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team