Return to Baseball Leftovers

Gavin Floyd

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Gavin Floyd

Postby Old_Style » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:44 am

bigh0rt wrote:I was laughed at and mocked for listing Floyd as a sleeper in the pre-season, despite him fitting the very definition of the word perfectly.

Probably because you've been touting him since '06. :-? :-D
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:47 am

Old_Style wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:I was laughed at and mocked for listing Floyd as a sleeper in the pre-season, despite him fitting the very definition of the word perfectly.

Probably because you've been touting him since '06. :-? :-D

Pfft, as if I'd ever tout a Philly. :-°

I'm off to insert Utley, Howard, and Rollins into my lineup... wait.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 716)

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:56 pm

bigh0rt wrote:I was laughed at and mocked for listing Floyd as a sleeper in the pre-season, despite him fitting the very definition of the word perfectly. The only other person who seemed to want to give him a shot was hybrid. I still think if you start him appropriately, he'll give you good value in leagues with 14+ teams. Another start or two, and he may be a must add in 12-teamers as well.

Touting Gavin Floyd and believing in him are two totally different things though.

Mar 21 11:26am Gavin Floyd (CWS - SP,RP) Drop FBC - bigh0rt

:-D
raiders_umpire

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:01 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:I was laughed at and mocked for listing Floyd as a sleeper in the pre-season, despite him fitting the very definition of the word perfectly. The only other person who seemed to want to give him a shot was hybrid. I still think if you start him appropriately, he'll give you good value in leagues with 14+ teams. Another start or two, and he may be a must add in 12-teamers as well.

Touting Gavin Floyd and believing in him are two totally different things though.

Mar 21 11:26am Gavin Floyd (CWS - SP,RP) Drop FBC - bigh0rt

:-D

Yahoo! is blocked at work. Who'd I pick up for him? I remember knowing I'd take flack for it. I have him still, and have started him both weeks in my 14-team weekly dynasty league. As I said, another week or two and he may be a must add in 12-teamers. }:-)
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 716)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers