Return to Baseball Leftovers

Johnny Cueto and Alexei Ramirez Coming to Yahoo!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Johnny Cueto and Alexei Ramirez Coming to Yahoo!

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:18 am

Johnny Cueto has arrived in Yahoo...Clears waivers Saturday. ;-D
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:30 am

Inukchuk wrote:Personally, I grabbed Shields myself last year, but I waited until he hit FA, as I'm sure he did in many 12 team leagues.

Are there any other kind? ;-7

Clearly NZ Eff is the Master Prognosticator and we are just pawns in this game. There's clearly never any prospects worth burning the #1 Waiver Priority on (Braun, Pence, etc.)

The likelihood, in any of my 5 leagues, of a player hitting Waivers likely to out-produce Johnny Cueto via being dropped by one of my league-mates is slim. You consider deeper and keeper leagues where Cueto isn't already owned, and it grows more and more slim.

You can't be so arrogant when you're blatantly wrong.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby Yoda » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:40 am

Hallelujah. No more Cueto threads!!!
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby Fugetaboutit » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:47 am

Dont be so sure. There will be 7 "I told you so" threads when he gets bombed.
Fugetaboutit
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -12)

Postby Yoda » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:49 am

Fugetaboutit wrote:Dont be so sure. There will be 7 "I told you so" threads when he gets bombed.

Haha so true...
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby saemick » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:47 am

In all honesty, I hope he doesn't do that well in his 1st start. This way we can all save our Waiver priority's and pick him up as a FA ;-D
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:32 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Syfo-Dyas wrote:
J.C.Fighter wrote:I just wish I was able to nab atleast one of these two guys before anybody had them on their radar... :-t !+)

jdsun1 wrote:Same. Sad how Longoria, Headley and Rasmus are there but these two are not!It would be nice if they added Kershaw too, just for good measure.

Yeah and build a team for the 2010 season.
I rather win now.

I'm not sure what you've been reading, but Evan Longoria, Clayton Kershaw, Johnny Cueto, and others will definitely be helping some teams win this season. And that's coming from one of the people not complaining about them not being in the database yet, but that's because I'm in leagues where everybody knows about all of them so its incnsequential. If I miss one of Cueto's starts, I'm not gonna let it bunch my panties...

They might help! But its not guaranteed.
I think that those players will be a burden on teams 'til they're called up. You must have a top 4 team to be able to carry only one of them as a dead weight in a 12 team 25 man roster with a bench size of 9. (300 players)
Longoria and Rasmus wont be in the majors for 2-3 month IMO. Kershaw wont be there for 5 month.
Those guys want all of them. And good production is not guaranteed ala Alex Gordon.
Adding two of them to a team now is sacrificing half of the season, in the hope that those players might help. Thats a complete self distruction.

In dynasty leagues is different, but they are the minority.
No offense to dynasty leaguers but, nothing good comes out when minority (bolshevik, apartheid) rules.
They must be patient.

Cueto is different, cause he plays. He should 've been added instead of Rasmus or Longoria.
Thats a screw up by Yahoo.
the awesome sig by soty

"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -6)

Postby chipper » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:40 pm

Syfo-Dyas wrote:Cueto is different, cause he plays. He should 've been added instead of Rasmus or Longoria.

That's pretty much it right there. It goes against all the reasons Yahoo gives for when a player is added. When guys who don't make the opening day roster are in the system, and guys who do make the opening day roster are not in the system, it contradicts the reasons they give for when and how people are added. But it's free fantasy baseball.....so whatever. :-D
chipper
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -9)

Postby jcde7ago » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:53 pm

chipper wrote:
Syfo-Dyas wrote:Cueto is different, cause he plays. He should 've been added instead of Rasmus or Longoria.

That's pretty much it right there. It goes against all the reasons Yahoo gives for when a player is added. When guys who don't make the opening day roster are in the system, and guys who do make the opening day roster are not in the system, it contradicts the reasons they give for when and how people are added. But it's free fantasy baseball.....so whatever. :-D

The key word there is FREE (and even if you play in money leagues like i and a lot of other people do, it's still probably on Yahoo!). And yes, it's been mentioned many times over the course of this thread that Yahoo! does occasionally royally screw up when it comes to deciding who to add to their database prior to the start of the season, position eligbility, etc. But you can see that this issue has been addressed by FSG one or two pages back, that they are going to be working on these specifics with regards to player additions and such to make it better in the future...so let's move on from continuing to beat a dead horse, guys ;-D
12-Team Yahoo! H2H Keeper League - 3-Sport Dynasty - Year 4 - Jonny D's Team
Keepers: Albert Pujols/Jose Reyes/Ryan Braun/Grady Sizemore/Evan Longoria/Tim Lincecum = SWEET!

#25 - Barry Bonds - 73, 762
jcde7ago
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -5)

Postby SignGuy » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:00 pm

The only grip that i have is why did they add Cueto today, one day before his scheduled start? It has been my understanding that he would be added after his first appearance in a game since he hasnt been added already. Its been weeks since its been known that he was making the rotation. If you are going to add him before he makes a start, why add him a day before he pitches so that people who might have wanted to start him (for right or wrong) now have to wait for him to clear waivers thus missing that opportunity. The lack of consistency is so frustrating. I was fine with them either adding him in the begging when yahoo started or after he played a game (like Ramirez.) But to add him one day before his start when he could have been added a week ago so people could actually use him makes no sense. They should have waited till tomorrow. Not a huge deal but it lacks any consistency or sense whatsoever
SignGuy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -3)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers