Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

RATE MY TEAM BEFORE I JUMP OFF A BUILDING WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

RATE MY TEAM BEFORE I JUMP OFF A BUILDING WHIR

Postby mikedean441 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:49 am

Just finished 5 hours draft, 1st year of 12 team mixed keeper league, $330 budget, players kept next year are 1.5 times this year salary, any thoughts are appreciated, the # next to the team name is the cost...also league has 2 catcher spots, 2 Util, 5 OF (bench players were chose in supplemental and are assigned $5 value)

I know for sure I lack speed and a true 35+ save closer. I also dont have that 40+ HR power hitter, but I think I have a nice balance of players who can all hit 20+ each

Rodriguez, Ivan DET 6
Varitek, Jason BOS 3
1B Swisher, Nick CHW 15
2B Kinsler, Ian TEX 16
SS Peralta, Jhonny CLE 16
3B Atkins, Garrett COL 33
OF Young, Chris ARI 21
OF Hart, Corey MIL 24
OF Ibanez, Raul SEA 8
OF Bay, Jason PIT 21
OF Hall, Bill MIL 1
UT LaRoche, Adam PIT 1
UT Cust, Jack OAK 5 (was supposed to be fields if he made majors)

Bench
Fields, Josh CHW 2
Lugo, Julio BOS 5

Pitching (each week-4 starters, 2 relievers and 3 flex)
Webb, Brandon ARI 35
Haren, Dan ARI 28
Halladay, Roy TOR 21
Oswalt, Roy HOU 23
Myers, Brett PHI 8
Maddux, Greg ATL 5
Capps, Matt PIT 8
Soria, Joakim KC 7

Bench
Price, David TB 1
Cabrera, Daniel BAL 5
Gordon, Tom PHI 5
Last edited by mikedean441 on Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikedean441
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: RATE MY TEAM BEFORE I JUMP OFF A BUILDING WHIR

Postby mikedean441 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:50 pm

pretty please...
mikedean441
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BigVern » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:00 pm

I think you need to some retooling... Bill Hall isn't that good anymroe and I'm sure there are better options on the WW. I think you should be starting Lugo instead of Peralta because he will have a big bounce back year. You could drop Fields and go out and get a Ankiel... I like Swisher and LaRoche but you are rolling the dice a little too much for 1B position, maybe see if you could pull a trade? As for your pitching after Webb and Haren there is one word to describe your SP, old. I'm sure they'll all put out decent lines but don't expect anything great. Closers are hurting but you can always bolster through WW.
BigVern
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BigVern » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:01 pm

BigVern
College Coach
College Coach

Postby emartin » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:04 pm

Looks pretty good all the way aroung. I'm sure Cust has you sweating after this mornings game, but he'll be alright. I love Swisher this year and wish I could have grabbed him. Good all around team.
emartin
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby mikedean441 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:08 pm

yeha peralta wasnt my first choice thats for sure, I did start Lugo at UT this week due to the games being played

I do have an offer for me to receive Carlos Guillen, I would have to trade Peralta and Gallardo, Im probably going to do it, but I have a few other offers to sort through

Oswalt isnt old and Halladay is as consisten as they come, Im just hoping Myers back in the rotation will pan out

and yes I agree need some saves

BigVern wrote:I think you need to some retooling... Bill Hall isn't that good anymroe and I'm sure there are better options on the WW. I think you should be starting Lugo instead of Peralta because he will have a big bounce back year. You could drop Fields and go out and get a Ankiel... I like Swisher and LaRoche but you are rolling the dice a little too much for 1B position, maybe see if you could pull a trade? As for your pitching after Webb and Haren there is one word to describe your SP, old. I'm sure they'll all put out decent lines but don't expect anything great. Closers are hurting but you can always bolster through WW.
mikedean441
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mmonteath » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:20 pm

The only things that really jump out at me other than the lack of true consistant power and speed is your util positions would worry me a little bit and the closing situation. I think Soria is a solid closer but who knows when KC will give him the chances to actually save a game. Same situation with Capps but for the immediate future you should be alright with Gordon saving games too.
mmonteath
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 37)

Postby mikedean441 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:22 pm

yeah im hoping to move one of my SP since I'll be deep when Gallardo comes back, in order to pick up a big stick if I can...for first year of auction keeper league, guys were way overpaying
mikedean441
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pappy97 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:46 pm

It's not just that you lack a true 35+ SV closer, you have two closers on bad teams. The chances of Royals and/or Pirates doing well enough to give enough SV opps isn't likely.

I like your SP's, I think you will do fine there.

At $21, IMHO, Bay is a huge risk. Keep your eye on him closely.
pappy97
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mikedean441 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:52 pm

yeah praying for Bay to bounce back, just as I was praying for Fields to make majors...lol

Working the phones for a trade, hoping to hear something tonight
mikedean441
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team