Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please Help My Team, WHIR!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please Help My Team, WHIR!

Postby Redlegs » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:31 am

Hi, I'm in a 10 team yahoo non keeper H2H 6x6 category league. Offensive: Avg., HR, RBI, Runs, SB, Lowest K's. Pitching: W, L, Sv, K's, ERA, Whip.

I have a surplus of closers and power, and would like to improve speed and/or solidify my starting pitching. I'm looking to package a closer and a player to get a top speed guy or an ace pitcher.

I've considered Berkman and a closer for Peavy or Crawford, but would like some opinions if those are reasonably possible. I'd also like to package Dye but everyone seems down on him. Also, which closer would have the most value? In the alternative, please let me know if you think I'm ok and should just stand pat.

Please help me with ideas for potential trades to improve my team.

Thanks in advance and I'll return the favor.

My Roster:
C- C.Ruiz
1B- P.Fielder
2B- C.Utley
3B- A.Ramirez
SS- O.Cabrera
OF- L.Berkman
OF- N.Markakis
OF- C.Hart
U- J. Dye
B- W.Taveras

SP- D.Haren
SP- R.Oswalt
RP- M.Capps
RP- J.Isringhausen
P- J.Accardo
P- B.Wilson
P- G.Sherrill
B- J.Maine
B- O.Perez
B- Z.Greinke
B- B.J.Ryan
Redlegs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Please Help My Team, WHIR!

Postby Justblaze » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:10 am

You have a pretty good SP. I personally would stay put. In a h2h, I like Berkman as much as Crawford. Berkman will probably better Crawford in all cats except SB. But if you want Crawford, I see no harm in trying to get him with B.Wilson and Berkman. I personally think Wilson is your worst closer because he plays for SF and I doubt he can hold it all year long.

If you want Peavy, you probably could get him with just Berkman. You could throw in Wilson to sweeten up the deal. I definitely prefer Berkman over Peavy though.

I personally would stand pat instead of dealing Berkman for either of these guys.
Justblaze
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: -2)

Postby kaiser » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:21 am

I think you could stand pat and be fine. If you are dead-set on getting a SP, you could certianly move Berk for a second tier guy, at least.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 176)

Postby Redlegs » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:49 am

awesome, thx a lot. the more i look at my team, the more i think i'll just stand pat and see how things develop. i like my offense and can deal with my perceived weaknesses, instead of trying to make a trade and open myself up to other weaknesses.

thx again and will return the favor if you left a link
Redlegs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team