Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Does this lineup have enough power to compete?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Does this lineup have enough power to compete?

Postby Spokes » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:20 am

I am in a Yahoo! 10-team, H2H league. I had the fifth pick and one of my main worries coming out of the draft was my team's power. I don't know if I have enough run producers in a semi-shallow league. Here's my hitting lineup:

C: Johjima
1B: Teixeira
2B: Figgins
3B: Wright
SS: O. Cabrera
OF: Crawford
OF: Markakis
OF: Ellsbury
Util: Hafner
Util: Hamilton
Util: Ankiel
Bench players right now are Josh Fields, Felipe Lopez and Aaron Hill.
So what do you think? Someone offerered me David Ortiz for Crawford a few days ago and I still thinking about it. I am actually leaning toward taking it because I have speed guys in Figgins, Cabrera, Markakis, Ellsbury, Wright, etc. Plus, speed is abundant this season.
Thanks for any and all responses!
The best lyric ever: "You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you gotta glass jaw you should watch your mouth...'cause I'll break yo face."
Spokes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Does this lineup have enough power to compete?

Postby Redlegs » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:54 am

i like that trade,

i think ortiz is a beast, as you noted, you do have a lot of speed, but you may want to pick up someone from waivers to add to speed if you do that deal. this deal will make your team powerful but may make your team in borderline need of speed.

you can drop fields, he's expendable, and get a mcclouth type guy that can give you speed and a little pop. i think i read fields is starting in AAA, but that may not be accurate.

good luck
Redlegs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Does this lineup have enough power to compete?

Postby Agent_Spook9 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:05 am

You better have some stout pitching seeing that you picked FIFTH in a 10 team league.

You only have three serious mashers in Tex, Wright, and Hafner.

I honestly don't know how to give an opinion on your team because you didn't post your pitching. If you make that trade for Ortiz I think you'd be in contention based off of offense alone.

But it's a 10 team league. Your offense should be a lot better than this.
Agent_Spook9
T-Ball Trainer

(Past Year: -1)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team