Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please rate my team...WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please rate my team...WHIR

Postby Guru22 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:04 am

This is my first year playing FBB and I just finished my draft last night. This is a standard scoring yahoo rotisserie league. We start a C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, 4-OF's, CI, MI, UTI. For pitching we start 2-SP, 2-RP and 4-P.
Please evaluate my team and give any advice, suggestions or critisism that you want. Thanks in advance, leave a link I will respond.

My team:
C: AJ Pierzynski
1B: Justin Morneau
2B: Dan Uggla
SS: Jimmy Rollins
3B: Aramis Ramirez
CI: Todd Helton
MI: Orlando Cabrera (CWS)
OF: Grady Sizemore, Gary Sheffield, Vernon Wells, Johny Damon
UTIL: Garret Anderson
SP: Aaron Herang, Felix Hernandez
RP: Brett Myers, Manny Corpas
P: Chad Billingsley, Phil Hughes, Dustin McGowan, Oliver Perez
BN: Eric Chavez, Milton Bradley, Barry Bonds (fav. player had to take him in the last round for fun)
BN:Zack Greinke, Troy Percival

Here is my draft order:
1. (7) Jimmy Rollins SS
2. (16) Grady Sizemore OF
3. (29) Justin Morneau 1B
4. (38) Aramis Ramírez 3B
5. (51) Aaron Harang SP
6. (60) Dan Uggla 2B
7. (73) Gary Sheffield OF
8. (82) Félix Hernández SP
9. (95) Vernon Wells OF
10. (104) Orlando Cabrera SS
11. (117) Todd Helton 1B
12. (126) Johnny Damon OF
13. (139) Brett Myers SP,RP
14. (148) Chad Billingsley SP,RP
15. (161) Manny Corpas RP
16. (170) Phil Hughes SP
17. (183) Garret Anderson OF
18. (192) Dustin McGowan SP
19. (205) Oliver Pérez SP
20. (214) Zack Greinke SP,RP
21. (227) A.J. Pierzynski C
22. (236) Troy Percival RP
23. (249) Barry Bonds OF
24. (258) Eric Chávez 3B
25. (271) Milton Bradley OF

So we start 20 of our 25 players, there are 12 people in this league. I think im a little weak at pitching, but have good hitters. Maybe setting me up for a trade in the season? What do you all think...?
Guru22
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Please rate my team...WHIR

Postby guardian270 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:05 pm

Your IF and OF look solid. Uggla may hurt your AVG, but he is the biggest slugging 2B in baseball, and his average should come up a bit from last year. Your OF looks good on paper, but there is a very high injury risk. Make sure you keep an eye on Sheffield, Damon, and Anderson, especially since your backup OF's are also problematic (Bradley can't stay healthy, Bonds may not get signed). Same story at 3B, should be solid, but be aware the Aramis is prone to nagging injuries that may not land him on the DL but do bench him for days at a time.

Your SP's should be good. Harang is a legitimate ace, though no one seems to notice year after year. And King Felix could be the most dominant pitcher in baseball, if he learns how to pitch (rather than throw) and can stay healthy. You're going to have a problem with SV, as Myers is moving back into the rotation this year, and the Phils brought in Lidge to close. Granted, there is no guarantee that Lidge can or will hold this job, but the rotation is thin enough to keep Myers in for a while. Percival has the closer job right now, but again he's an injury risk. It wouldn't hurt to have one more closer on your roster. If there is no one on the WW right now, wait a few days until the rest of the closers are named, for example the Cubs haven't set the position yet (though Marmol and Wood might already be gone in your league). Good luck!

Help if you can:
viewtopic.php?t=329942
guardian270
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sublime8414 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:22 pm

see if you can sell of morneau for anyone who taken in that area. He's going to me much closer to last years numbers than his MVP campaign, and as such i don't think he warrants a top 30 pick. Helton probably be a more valuable come the end of the season. See if votto or butler are on the WW and a CI replacement. Package morneau with one of sheff, damon, or wells, and see if you can net yourself a top OF. I agree with the previous poster that you could use another closer. See if accardo, brian wilson, or george sherrill are on the WW. Your starting pitching should be fine (brett myers is a starter now). I might also see if JR Towles is on the WW. I have him as a top 10 catcher. Eric Chavez is not deserving of a roster spot. PM me some of the top guys on the WW and I'll let you know the best option.

I'm a big fan of lastings milledge, and corey hart this year. As I think both will push 30-30 with a a decent avg and very good counting stats...see if you can use one or both of them to solidify your aging OF
sublime8414
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby Guru22 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:28 pm

sublime8414 wrote:See if accardo, brian wilson, or george sherrill are on the WW.

Of those three you listed Sherrill is the only one on the WW. Do you recomend that I pick him up? Who should I drop for him?
Thanks in advance
Guru22
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby sting93 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:32 pm

The saves problem is going to hurt you. Try and pickup guys like Borowski, Sherrill, Lyon, those under the radar types that will give you saves. You can trade one of your second tier pitchers, the four guys you have at P now. I think McGowan will be huge this year and Biliingsly is a keeper, I think Hughes will start strong but fade as the season goes on and thats the kind of guy you can sell high for a closer or some steals. Your missing a little bit of speed.

Pick up Sherril. I think drop Bonds. Sry if hes your fave, but he won't be picked up till hes signed.

Help mine if you can:
viewtopic.php?t=330175
Sox, Jays, Sens, and Raps...
sting93
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Guru22 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:05 pm

Thanks for the help, anyone else?
Guru22
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Guru22 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:25 pm

Bump...

Leave a link I will respond
Guru22
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby TheJetStealsHome » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:34 pm

Your hitting is great and I also like your SP's. You could help out your saves by dropping a guy like Bonds (who you will probably never use) and picking up Sherrill or the another closer on your WW.

You should also keep tabs on the closer updates and should be able to jump on another closer as the season progresses and roles change.

Help mine?

viewtopic.php?t=330554
TheJetStealsHome
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team