Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Still a novice, please help rank me!? WHIR, leave link!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Still a novice, please help rank me!? WHIR, leave link!

Postby kris24tf » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:05 pm

I'm more of a fantasy football, basketball guy but I dabble in baseball, but I'm a little iffy. I think I did OK, could you tell me how this team looks/sleepers I could look to add for certain guys? Thanks! WHIR!

H/AB R H HR RBI SB AVG

Jarrod Saltalamacchia

Lance Berkman

Dan Uggla

Chipper Jones

Jimmy Rollins

Eric Byrnes

Juan Pierre

Jeff Francoeur

Josh Willingham

Ty Wigginton

Yunel Escobar

Michael Bourn

Mike Napoli

IP W SV K HLD ERA WHIP

Jake Peavy
Justin Verlander
Trevor Hoffman
Chad Cordero
Roy Oswalt
Ted Lilly
Adam Wainwright
Gil Meche
C.J. Wilson
kris24tf
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Still a novice, please help rank me!? WHIR, leave link!

Postby skjelstrom » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:38 pm

VERY GOOD PITCHING! Get rid of Saltalamacchia. He isn't even starting the season out. You definitely need more power behind your bats. You have a lot of speed but nothing really amazing in power except Berkman. Other than that very nice draft. GOOD LUCK!!

If you have time take a look and comment on mine: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=329338&p=2645845#p2645845
skjelstrom Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 38)

Postby kris24tf » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:53 pm

Thanks, I feel OK at power though, Uggla Jones and Rollins all had basically the same RBI, HR and more Hits with respectable numbers. My team will definitely have no problem scoring runs IMO. The guys who worry me most would be Pierre and Salty, but I'm not sure what to do about that. The best available catcher would be Ronny Paulino, what kind of trade could I offer?

Can anyone else help me??
kris24tf
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kris24tf » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:38 pm

Anyone? Please?
kris24tf
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby duckbillgates » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:42 pm

Don't drop Saltalamacchia yet. The Rangers haven't decided whether they're going to send him down or give him at-bats between C, 1B and DH. If this is the case, he would become very valuable.

You also need to let us know if it's a H2H or roto league. And if you get points for IP, I would whittle down your hitters to a good core of starters with just one or two on the bench and add some mid-tier starters.

Glad you're giving fantasy baseball a try. It's the bestest!
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."
— Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
duckbillgates
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kris24tf » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:16 pm

Whoops, forgot to mention, it's a head to head league. Thanks for your response though! I'm holding on to Salty for the time being until he gets sent down. I was considering dropping one of my bench guys for another solid starter, and I was thinking of letting Wigginton go for one, but I wasn't sure if that was a good move.
kris24tf
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Redlegs » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:21 pm

good pitching staff, i think i saw 3 closers, keep an eye out for closer jobs and try to nab a 4th if you can. i like having either 3 good ones or if the quality of my closers isnt the best, then try to have 4.

you have a lot of speed, may want to try to deal a speed guy to get another power bat.

also keep an eye on saltalamacchia as he either may not get enough at bats or just may be sent to AAA.

you can always start napoli over salty, but personally i don't like having too many bench players that aren't going to play much over my regulars, so depending if salty goes to AAA or has a small offensive role, you may consider dropping him when you find out. grab more pitching instead - maybe a set up pitcher that could potentially get the closing job, but will give you good stats regardless of getting saves.

hope that helps, good luck
Redlegs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kris24tf » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:37 pm

That helps a lot. Thanks!

Thanks everyone for your responses. I have a pretty good idea what direction I need to take. I appreciate it.
kris24tf
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team