Return to General Talk

FBC NCAA Tournament Pick'em

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: FBC NCAA Tournament Pick'em

Postby KCollins1304 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:27 pm

Mugrila wrote:I think the Hokies did quite well considering we had 1 contributing senior, 2 contributing juniors, and 1 contributing sophomore.

Yeah, they exceeded my expectations by far. We should have a good squad next year. ;-D
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -50)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jlm53089 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:38 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
jlm53089 wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:ill be in as well ;-D

georgia screwed VT over if you ask me.

actually VT screwed themselves over.
and if anyone should be out it should South Alabama.

how isnt it georgia? they had ZERO shot...i guess both teams screwed them. ASU had a legit gripe as well i think, but all in all, i think this was one of the least dramatic seedings...1's were pretty set, not many bubble teams that got snubbed.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -216)

Postby daullaz » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:07 am

First one-seed out is Kansas in my mind, with Memphis to follow soon after.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -627)

Postby Fade2White12 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:15 am

It wouldn't surprise me if for the first time in NCAA history that all four #1 seeds advance to the Final Four this year. Other than Tennessee, the caliber of play from the other 2s/3s really is nowhere close to that of the #1s. I see at least 3 making it to the F4, but if Memphis makes it as well, it wouldn't surprise me.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby thedude » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:25 pm

Post your picks in the Cafe picks thread. If you don't Harvard wins.

former president of Harvard Charles Eliot wrote:Basketball is very objectionable. It is very rough, and there are too many chances for cheating. The rules have been stretched so that they spoil the game. It would be a very good thing, especially, to have the sport discontinued... I must say I have no use for a sport that requires [teamwork].
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -397)

Postby Old_Style » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:58 pm

thedude wrote:Post your picks in the Cafe picks thread. If you don't Harvard wins.

former president of Harvard Charles Eliot wrote:Basketball is very objectionable. It is very rough, and there are too many chances for cheating. The rules have been stretched so that they spoil the game. It would be a very good thing, especially, to have the sport discontinued... I must say I have no use for a sport that requires [teamwork].

Charles Eliot wrote:"Well, this year I'm told the team did well because one pitcher had a fine curve ball. I understand that a curve ball is thrown with a deliberate attempt to deceive. Surely this is not an ability we should want to foster at Harvard."
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -219)

Postby Fade2White12 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:06 pm

If I receive an icon over here if I win, I'll do it. I try to stay out of the slums of the Basketball Cafe when possible. :-b Plus it takes time to put all my picks in that format.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby mweir145 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:09 pm

I've been convinced watching the Jayhawks this year that if they play to their absolute potential, they are better than anybody else in college basketball. Darrell Arthur is practically unstoppable when he chooses to be, while they have great guard play on both ends from Chalmers, Robison, and Collins. I don't see a team like UNC or UCLA beating them if they played like they did agaisnt Texas on Sunday. I'm just not sure they have the desire to win this tournament like those teams, and that may be the difference. The X-factor for them is definitely Brandon Rush...I've always taken that guy for a bit of a choker. At the moment, I'm having trouble putting them over Clemson (who I really like this year as a darkhorse).
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -320)

Postby thedude » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:16 pm

Old_Style wrote:
thedude wrote:Post your picks in the Cafe picks thread. If you don't Harvard wins.

Charles Eliot wrote:"Well, this year I'm told the team did well because one pitcher had a fine curve ball. I understand that a curve ball is thrown with a deliberate attempt to deceive. Surely this is not an ability we should want to foster at Harvard."

That used to be in my sig. :-b
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -397)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk