Return to Baseball Leftovers

Billy Butler (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Billy Butler (Merged)

Postby MasterX1918 » Thu May 08, 2008 5:13 pm

I dropped him in a 12 teamer and he's still available, so I don't think you guys should be worried about him getting picked up by someone else. Just keep an eye on him when he begins to do well again. I dropped him for Shane Victorino since I was in need of steals and someone to save me from Nick Swisher
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The_Natural » Wed May 21, 2008 3:55 pm

You can't even rely on his avg. stat anymore.

Billy "Bust" Butler

RIP
The_Natural
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Montana » Sat May 24, 2008 2:48 pm

I'm confident on Butler's return to form........the kid's still going to have a fantastic career, and in keeper/dynasty league's, I'd definitely say the time is now to buy low on him.

His value will never get lower than it is right now.
Montana
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby J35J » Sat May 24, 2008 2:53 pm

Montana wrote:I'm confident on Butler's return to form........the kid's still going to have a fantastic career, and in keeper/dynasty league's, I'd definitely say the time is now to buy low on him.

His value will never get lower than it is right now.

While I dropped Butler quite a long time ago myself(redraft). I do agree with everything Montana said here!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -42)

Postby Slayer Rules » Thu May 29, 2008 5:59 pm

I'm sure he'll tear it up in AAA - dude's already a minor league God ;-D

http://rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines. ... &hl=239268
Slayer Rules
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby hybrid » Thu May 29, 2008 7:53 pm

The Royals keep showing what a great run organization they are. :-P I mean it's not like he has shown he can dominate AAA right, oh wait ...
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -28)

Postby J35J » Thu May 29, 2008 10:05 pm

hybrid wrote:The Royals keep showing what a great run organization they are. :-P I mean it's not like he has shown he can dominate AAA right, oh wait ...

I'm actually ok with him going down. Butler has barely hit over the mendoza line over the last month and hasn't looked good doing it!! He's still pretty young and seems to have lost his confidence....I'm fine with him going down, figuring a few things out, getting his confidence back and then coming back up in a month or two and start off on a new foot.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -42)

Postby Slow Pitch » Thu May 29, 2008 11:30 pm

J35J wrote:
hybrid wrote:The Royals keep showing what a great run organization they are. :-P I mean it's not like he has shown he can dominate AAA right, oh wait ...

I'm actually ok with him going down. Butler has barely hit over the mendoza line over the last month and hasn't looked good doing it!! He's still pretty young and seems to have lost his confidence....I'm fine with him going down, figuring a few things out, getting his confidence back and then coming back up in a month or two and start off on a new foot.

My question is why did they let Gordon play through worse struggles up to this point last year, but not Billy. Alex was actually batting about 186 this time last year w/ 2 Hrs. What is the difference?
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Postby pappymojo » Thu May 29, 2008 11:41 pm

Gordon can field a position and Butler is a DH. That's the difference.
pappymojo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby hybrid » Fri May 30, 2008 4:42 am

J35J wrote:I'm actually ok with him going down. Butler has barely hit over the mendoza line over the last month and hasn't looked good doing it!! He's still pretty young and seems to have lost his confidence....I'm fine with him going down, figuring a few things out, getting his confidence back and then coming back up in a month or two and start off on a new foot.

Or he doesn't take it well and gets more down on himself. It was 1 month... do the other 400+ AB mean nothing? Why are they making an exception for Butler (the position angle isn't a good one) and why is he going to figure it out in a league everyone knows he can hit? His issue is with major league pitchers, AAA guys he can beat up on doesn't really solve anything. Seems like a bad knee jerk reaction to one month of him struggling with no justifiable reason as to why.

Oh well lets see what Butler thinks about all of it....

"It's one of those things," Butler said. "I'm not happy about it. I'm disappointed. It's not where you want to be."

"I don't think anybody's hitting where they want to be. You can point your finger at me and I can be accountable. You know, the past three or four weeks haven't been the best for me, and I'm willing to grind it out and work my way out of it in the big leagues. I'd like for them to show confidence in me to get back out of it in the big leagues, but that's just not the way it works out."

Um, yeah he sounds like he appreaciates it a lot to me ...
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -28)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers