Hi Fellow Fantasy Baseball Managers,
I would like to introduce you to a league that I find very fun and interesting. There are currently only 1 spot left and I would urge you to take a look at the constitution of the league.
It is just a basic 5 x 5 roto league. However, it has special features that makes the league much more fun. These features include :
(1) A redraft for the playoffs that corresponds to the actual baseball playoffs. Right after the regular season ends, the teams with the top records will make the playoffs to play for a seperate playoff pot. We will do a redraft and the roster you draft will be the roster you keep for the entire playoffs. So the fantasy baseball season does not end during the playoffs!
(2) For each transaction a team makes, there is a $10 transaction fee. This is to help build the pot up so we can have a juicy playoff pot as well. All fees paid goes back into the league pot. This also discourages owners to just keep on adding and dropping players hoping to hit a jackpot. You actually have to decide if the move is worthwhile.
(3) The league is a weekly league. This forces owners to decide who to use each week instead of just sub-ing players in and out everyday and not having to really consider match ups. This makes the league a lot more fun.
For more details, please email me at email@example.com
so I can email you the constitution of the league. I am sure you will love it. Again, I only have 1 spot left. So please email me ASAP if you are interested.
Positions : C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, OF, OF, OF, OF, UTIL, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, BEN x7, DL, Minors
Categories : R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP
Draft Date : March 22, Saturday
Draft Time : To be determined
• This league is a standard 5x5 Roto league with the categories: R, HR, RBI, SB, BA for hitters and W, SV, K. ERA, WHIP for pitchers.
Roster and Starting Line Ups
• Each team will maintain a roster size of 26 active players with 1 DL spot and 1 Minor League roster spot.
• Each week, from the active roster, each owner will select a “starting line up” for that week.
• The “starting line up” must be set on the league website 30 minutes before the first game played each week.
• The player in the DL and Minor League roster spot must be actually on the DL and in the Minor Leagues. Should the player be activated by their Major League team, owners must enter the player into the active roster or drop the player before they make any transactions in the league.
• Winners are determined by the final standings at the end of the regular season as determined by our scoring system.
• The top four teams at the end of the regular season will receive a regular season payout.
• The top five teams at the end of the regular season will advance to the playoffs.
• Tie breaker for Payoffs & Playoffs if teams have the same record:
• 1st tie break: RBI + K
• 2nd tie break: BA
• 3rd tie break: ERA
• The top five teams from the regular season will earn a berth into the playoffs.
• A supplemental draft will be held for the playoffs.
• Each owner may retain Three Players from their regular season roster.
• Each owner, in order of finish from the regular season, will draft a “starting line up” for the playoffs. There will be 19 rounds. The first 3 rounds will be the three players retained from the regular season roster.
• If an owner chooses not to retain a player or players from their regular season roster, they lose their first, second, and third selection. These picks will be replaced in at the end of the draft.
• The Playoff draft will be a round robin. The first place team will have the first selection in each round. This is the advantage of finishing in first place.
• The “Starting Line Up” drafted will remain in effect for the entire playoffs.
• Trades and/or Pick-ups are not allowed during the playoffs.
• At the conclusion of the World Series, the team with the most overall points scored will “win” the playoffs.
• The top three playoff teams will receive a payout.
Scoring for Batting Categories
R – Runs 1 point
1B – Singles 1 point
2B – Doubles 2 points
3B – Triples 3 points
HR – Home Runs 4 points
RBI – Runs Batted In 1 point
BB – Walks (Batters) 1 point
HBP – Hit by Pitch 1 point
KO – Strikeouts -1 point
SB – Stolen Bases 2 points
CS – Caught Stealing -1 point
GIDP – Ground Into Double Plays -2 points
Scoring for Pitching Categories
IP – Innings Pitched 3 points
W – Wins 10 points
L – Losses -5 points
CG – Complete Games 5 points
SO – Shutouts 5 points
S – Saves 10 points
BS – Blown Saves -5 points
ER – Earned Runs -1 point
K – Strikeouts 1 point
HA – Hits Allowed -1 point
BBI – Walks Issued -1 point
HB – Hit Batsmen -1 point
Payouts and League Champ
• Payouts will be as follows:
• Regular Season will be 65% of Total Pot
• 1st place = 50%
• 2nd place = 25%
• 3rd place = 15%
• 4th place = 10%
• Playoffs will be 35% of Total pot
• 1st place = 60%
• 2nd place = 30%
• 3rd place = 10%
• The league Champion will be determined by total payout received.
• Our Fantasy Baseball League conducts a “live” draft.
• Team numbers and the draft order will be determined by a random drawing held 1-week before the draft, or we will use a draft randomizer.
• If you are unable to attend the draft, you may provide the commissioner with a pre-determined draft list to the league commissioner prior to the draft. The “list” must be clear, specific and complete, and will be followed with no exceptions.
• The draft will be a “snake” draft. The owner drafting first in the first round will draft last in the second. Likewise, the owner with the last pick in the first round will pick first in the second round.
• The draft will consist of 26 rounds. Each owner may draft as many players at each position as they like. However, each team must be able to field a starting line up from their drafted roster.
• Each owner will have an initial buy-in of $13 for the Site Fees, then $150 for the buy in. Buy-in money is due one week before the Draft.
• All free-agent pick up fees will be $10 for each player added.
• All trade fees will be $10 for each player traded.
• Each Team owner will have a $50 buffer with fees. This means once your team reaches the $50 limit, you must pay within 7 days, unless prior arrangement is made with the commissioner, or you will not be allowed to make another transaction until the fees are paid.
• All fees collected, including buy-in money, free-agent pick up and trade fees, except for the initial buy-in of $13 for the site fee, will be paid out as previously discussed.
Free Agent Pick-Ups
• Free agents (un-owned players) may be added to a Team’s roster for a $10 transaction fee.
• Owners can pick up and drop as many players as they would like throughout the season.
• All trades will be subject to review by the league should the commissioner receive a veto with a valid reason within 2 days after the trade has been announced.
• Trades can take place at any time and the players traded will be on the other team 2 days after the trade has been announced unless a veto with a valid reason is received within the 2 days.
• If 4 of 8 owners, excluding the 2 owners involved in the trade, veto the trade, then the trade will be vetoed unless the owners involved can give a strong support for making the trade, as determined by the commissioner. Examples of valid reasoning would be having good alternatives at the position or trading from strength for weakness.
• Trades will not only be vetoed in case of collusion. I strongly believe that all owners of the league will not collude. However, owners can get caught in the heat of the moment and make un-wise decisions that can alter the balance of the league with an extremely one-way deal. Therefore, if there is valid reasoning for vetoing a trade, the trade will be reviewed by the league.
• Each owner can make as many trades as they like. There is no trade deadline. However, all players obtained through trade after Sept. 1st will not be eligible for the playoff roster.