SP3 - Vazquez (10th)
SP4 - Cain (12th)
SP5 - Pedro (13th)
RP1 - Jenks (9th)
RP2 - Sherrill (20th)
BN - Harden (17th)
BN - Schmidt (18th)

What do you guys think? My first thoughts:

1 - Wish I didn't take Jenks in the 9th round. Liriano went the pick after and I wanted him for the 10th, but I could have easily picked him in the 9th and gotten a similar closer in the 10th.
2 - Risky staff after Cain. My thinking was, if someone goes on the DL pick up a RP, and first guy projected to miss significant time... cut.
3 - After my first 5 rounds (Holliday, Braun, Berkman, Aramis, Lee) I figured I was good to go on offense other than steals. I passed Matsui and other similar players around the 10th round to get Jenks, Vazquez, Cain. Good call or no?

This is just a public Yahoo! league, roto 5x5. Obviously I want to win but it's not one of my more important leagues. Thoughts on the draft?
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: first draft of the year, how's my team?

Postby bsblallstr » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:11 pm

i think lee went too early, and your pitching is a little risky, but that is ok, you can always pick up a guy or two if harden gets hurt or what not, i thnk you reached on a lot of picks like furcal. I personally do not like this team that much, but it isnt the worst, it could be competitive, but i would say 5 or 6th best team in a league, i'd look to trade for some more hitting if i was you

some help as well

Reyes and guerrero, the two most blessed players in the league, not to mention the most fun to watch
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team