1. Configure the league - I think you are better off with AL/NL only leagues but if you want mixed doesn't make much difference. You should have 2C,1B,2B,3B,SS,MI,CI,5OF,UT,9P, and 6 bench players that should be selected in a separate snake draft. $260 cap is the most popular and is what is used for dollar values in most magazines. I would go with roto, 5x5.
2. Conduct the draft - The best auctions obviously are live ones. If you can get that together its a ton of fun. You need to either buy or make a board to list all of the players names and how much they sold for as well as how much money each team has left. You should also hand out sheets where teams can write there rosters, and fill in other teams rosters and dollar values. If you cant do this live then really the only auction site that I know of is http://www.fantasybaseballauctioneer.com
. But try for live if you can.
3. How much money should each GM start out with? - $260 cap, $100 FAAB.
4. What website should we use to play? If you want to make it easy and you are doing this online use Roto wire because they take care of draft APP and also of FAAB bidding.
5. Any suggestions on how we make keepers work? - You keep a certain amount of players (I like using 10) for either as long as you want but each year his price goes up by like 2 dollars or something so that eventually you just have to throw Arod back into the draft.
Please post suggestions, they are much appreciated! THANKS![/quote]