We are going into our third year and a solid group of owners. Its a H2H auction league. The rules are below. PM me for questions.
16 teams, 4 divisions
C,1B,2B,SS,3B,LF,CF,RF,Util,5SP,3RP, 10 Bench
Auction: $260 cap
H2H: 3 match-ups per week (unbalanced schedule)
Categories: R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, TB, W, SO, ERA, WHIP, QS, SV+Holds
Each category is a win. (ie. A team can go 36-0 each week)
$115 entry fee, payout to top 3 and division winners
I. Teams & Rosters
1. League will begin with 16 teams using both AL and NL MLB players from 2005 season.
2. There is a $260 cap for the initial draft and $310 in-season cap.
3. The Active Roster will contain 27 players. C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, LF, CF, RF, 1 DH, 5 SP, 3 RP, 10 Bench
4. There will be 2 spots for Injuries
5. The bench positions can be a player of any position.
II. Initial Auction
1. Each team must acquire 22 major league players at a cost that does not exceed the $260 auction cap. A team need not spend the total amount. Any monies not spent are lost forever. [changed: See Amendment 7 below]
2. For the remaining 5 bench players, each team can fill those spots using their Free Agent Acquisition Budget (FAAB
2. The auction date is set for the Sunday April 1, Opening Night and will take place online using FantasyAuctioneer.com. If you have not used this, please login and try the demo. The auction will begin at 11 am EST, but please arrive at least 30 minutes ahead of time. I will need your contact phone # for emergencies during draft day. The auction will take approximately 4-6 hours, so please schedule accordingly.
3. All MLB players are eligible for this auction.
4. No team may bid more for a player that he/she has left. Example. Team A has 3 positions to fill and have $4 left. The maximum amount he/she is allowed to bid is $2 for any one player.
III. Position Eligibility
1. A player is eligible for a position he has played in as least 20 games the previous season or 10 games in the current season.
2. Rookies/Minors will be eligible for the position he has been assigned until he has accumulated enough games to qualify.
IV. Scoring and Playoffs
1. The 16 teams will be split into 2 conferences (AL,NL) and 2 divisions in each conference (East, West)
2. The format for the league is Head-To-Head (H2H), but with 3 match-ups per week. I.E. Each team will face off against three opponents each week.
3. Stats R, HR, RBI, OBP, SB, TB, Wins, SV+Holds, SO, ERA, WHIP, QS
4. Each category counts a win, so a team can go 36-0.
(12-0 vs. each team = 36 wins)
5. Lineup changes are made daily and each week begins on Monday.
6. Unbalanced schedules, with half the season played against teams in your own division.
7. At the end of the regular season, there will be 4 division winners and 4 wild-card teams. The 4 wild-card teams are the 2nd place teams in each division. If there are ties, the tie-breaker is as follows:
i. Record against each other.
ii. Record against opponents in your division
iii. Highest BA
iv. Lowest WHIP
v. Lowest ERA
vi. Most HR
8. The 2 wild card teams in each league will face the division winners with the worst W-L percentage will face off against the highest W-L percentage. This matchup lasts 1 week.
9. The winner of the Division Series will face off in the League Champ Series. This matchup lasts 2 weeks
10. The World Series will have the League Champs face off for 2 weeks.
11. Tiebreakers in the playoffs are determined using the list above, except that item 2 is not used
V. Fees and Payout Structure
1. Dues for each team is $115
2. $130 will go to the cbssportline.com for hosting our league
3. $30 will go to fantasyauctioneer.com for the online auction
4. The remaining amount ($115*16 – ($130 + $30) = $1680) will be paid as follows
(4) Division Winners = 7.5% ($126)
3rd place = 10% ($168)
2nd place = 20% ($336)
1st place = 40% ($672)
VI. Players Salaries
1. Salaries continue to count against the cap even if the player is moved to the injured roster.
2. If a player is released, the team will no longer be responsible for that players salary. (See Note) The releasing team is not allowed to bid for that FA during the next FAAB auction. Any team caught trying to circumvent this rule will have all bids for that period retracted.
3. Also the team that releases a player cannot win back the free agent with less then his original salary. This is to prevent teams from dropping players hoping to pick them back up at a cheaper price.
4. We will use FAAB for all of our Free Agent activity. Each team will get $50 to spend on free agents during the year.
1. Stats will be managed by cbssportsline.com
1. At no point can a team have more than 27 players on its active roster, but each team must have at least 5 reserve players
2. In-season trades will be submitted to the rest of the owners for a vote. If a majority vetoes the trade, the trade will go to the commish for final approval. All decisions by the commish are final.
3. At no point can a team exceed its in-season salary cap.
4. Money can NOT be traded.
5. Off-season trading will be approved by the commish, with no league-wide vote. Objections to off-season trades should be sent directly to the commish for consideration.
IX. Free Agents and Released players
1. Each team will have an $50 to spend on free agents.
2. Free Agents are any/all MLB players that are not currently on any team’s roster.
3. We will be using FAAB for FA acquisitions. The bids will be processed twice a week, on Wednesday and Sunday.
X. Injured List
1. If a player is injured and placed on the DL, the owner may opt to move the player to the injured roster.
2. The salary still goes against the in-season salary cap.
XI. Minor Leagues
1. We are not using minor leagues for this league. We may vote on this at the end of the current season
XII. Keeper, Roster Protection and Contract Years
1. Before the start of the next season, each team will select up to a maximum of 5 keepers. Each keeper will get an automatic raise of 10% rounded up to the next dollar.
2. Free Agent pickups during the season cannot be selected as keepers.
3. A player can only be selected as a keeper for a maximum of two years before he must be released back into the auction. Therefore, a player who is obtained in the auction can serve under contract for a maximum of three years. Contract status shows what year the player is in: 'A' for year 1, 'B' for year 2, and 'C' for year 3. No player will ever reach a 'D' status.
Amendments after 2006 season
I.  Future auctions will only run until each team completes a 22 man roster. The remaining 5 spots will be picked up during free agency. Therefore, if a team elects to keep 5 players, he will only need to select 17 more during the auction.
II.  Minors will not be used
III.  Since CBS does not automatically enter the winning bid into the players salary, the default salary of all FA will be $5. If a contract player is dropped, his salary and contract status does not change.
IV.  Items 6.2 and 6.3 are no longer applicable
V.  Playoff structure will be in the form of 1-1-2 instead of 1-2-2. This was voted down at the end of last season; thus back to 1-2-2
VI.  An additional week of the regular season will be added.
VII.  Any leftover monies are added to you FAAB.
VIII.  TieBreaking stats for the post-season will be selected by the Home team (team with better winning pct), instead of using the defaults.