Thank you everyone for your insight on which player to select with my first overall pick. I am happy to report that the overwhelming response I received about Matt Kemp gave him a clear advantage in my eyes. I drafted Kemp with the 5th overall selection, and I couldn't be happier.
So again thank you, but there are more rounds than just ONE! Here is a rundown of the (Weird, Surprising) Draft thus far. I have the next pick so help me out again!!
Updated 2008 Draft:
1.1 Joe Savery
1.2 David Price
1.3 Matt LaPorta
1.4 Rick Porcello
1.5 MY PICK- Matt Kemp
1.6 Troy Patton
1.7 Matt Wieters
1.8 Hiroki Kuroda
1.9 Kazuo Fukumori
1.10 Brandon Lyon
1.11 Kosuke Fukudome
1.12 Brandon Morrow
2.1 Mike Moustakas
2.2 Jair Jurrjens
2.3 Ross Detwiler
2.4 Ervin Santana
2.5 Josh Vitters
2.6 Jarrod Parker
2.7 ON THE CLOCK
2.8 MY PICK!!!!
So here is my thought process now...
A) I'm not taking a MLB Hitter because my roster is full in that aspect.
B) I really want a MLB Starting Pitcher
C) I also really like a MiLB Hitter
Here is who I have narrowed my choices between:
1. Shawn Hill- Injury Risk/High Reward. For some reason I really like this pick.
2. Jason Heyward- The man can hit! I've seen videos of him, and he plays for my Braves. I have a man-crush, but I think he might sneak back to me.
3. Andy Sonnanstine- Just reading some stuff on here makes me like Sonny a little bit
4. Faustino De Los Santos- Could be up quick? Like his stuff...
5. Gil Meche- Solid SP with sorry team, I dunno what to make of him.
Others worth considering:
Michael Burgess, Angel Villalona, Desmond Jennings, Beau Mills, Blake Beaven, Daniel Cortes, Neftali Feliz
Take a look at my roster first and let me know what you think. I will update this as soon as the guy in front of me goes...
Again Thanks for your support and hopefully we'll get the right one here.