Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cafe Bets 2008

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Cafe Bets 2008

Postby Scooter1027 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:32 am

I'll take Gallardo versus Lincecum, but I don't have a sig. I could take an avatar bet, if a Giants fan was up to it.

I read you said wins wouldn't be part of the equation, but what will be? How are we evaluating these guys? xERA? FIP?
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:44 am

Scooter1027 wrote:I'll take Gallardo versus Lincecum, but I don't have a sig. I could take an avatar bet, if a Giants fan was up to it.

I read you said wins wouldn't be part of the equation, but what will be? How are we evaluating these guys? xERA? FIP?

i don't care what we use as long as lincecum doesnt get penalized because the brewers have an infinitely better offense than the giants...an avatar bet is fine, or you could request someone make you a sig
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -58)

Postby RynMan » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:06 am

Simulacrum wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:Anyone want to bet against M-Cab to outperform Pujols this season?

Nope. I think you are right B-)

I have a feeling most of us would agree on that one. Why then are so many folks rigid about Pujols being the unquestioned #2 pick I wonder?

Wow, before I read about Pujols' injury, I probably would have taken you up on that one.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -227)

Postby Scooter1027 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:15 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:
Scooter1027 wrote:I'll take Gallardo versus Lincecum, but I don't have a sig. I could take an avatar bet, if a Giants fan was up to it.

i don't care what we use as long as lincecum doesnt get penalized because the brewers have an infinitely better offense than the giants...an avatar bet is fine, or you could request someone make you a sig

Haha, and here I was suggesting FIP or xERA so Gallardo doesn't get penalized for the Brewers defense. Giants offense, Brewers defense, deficiencies all around!

Eh, it's not like this matters that much, let's just look at ERA, WHIP, and K/BB for simplicity. I guess we'll just have to make a judgment call based on how those numbers look, possibly with 3rd party input.

And as of now, an avatar bet would work. However, if anyone's bored and feels up to making some sort of sweet Brew Crew sig for me, I'd be down with that too.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -3)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:29 am

Scooter1027 wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:

Haha, and here I was suggesting FIP or xERA so Gallardo doesn't get penalized for the Brewers defense. Giants offense, Brewers defense, deficiencies all around!

Eh, it's not like this matters that much, let's just look at ERA, WHIP, and K/BB for simplicity. I guess we'll just have to make a judgment call based on how those numbers look, possibly with 3rd party input.

And as of now, an avatar bet would work. However, if anyone's bored and feels up to making some sort of sweet Brew Crew sig for me, I'd be down with that too.

its on
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -58)

Postby jlm53089 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:56 am

bigken117 wrote:
Want to take a bet Beckett out performs Garza?

If Dice-K outperforms Kazmir the Sox will win 115 games....

No way, after Beckett's year last year.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -216)

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:27 am

Scooter1027 wrote:And as of now, an avatar bet would work. However, if anyone's bored and feels up to making some sort of sweet Brew Crew sig for me, I'd be down with that too.

I had a go. This probably looks like crap, but use it if you like it.

AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -37)

Postby KCollins1304 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:35 pm

AussieDodger wrote:
Scooter1027 wrote:And as of now, an avatar bet would work. However, if anyone's bored and feels up to making some sort of sweet Brew Crew sig for me, I'd be down with that too.

Hart is completely a caveman, look at that brow. :-b
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -50)

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:59 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:

Hart is completely a caveman, look at that brow. :-b

You know what's worse?
Have you ever heard Ben Sheets talk?
They interviewed him at the home run derby, and it's like he drove to the game in this.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww!
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -37)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers