OK I am hijacking my post back
We have a week left until keeper lists are due. Thanks for the input thus far. Here is what I am thinking at this point
C - Montero $3
SS - Furcal $24
3B - Jones $22
3B - Kouzmanoff $11
OF - Fukudome $10
OF - Kemp $1
OF - Lind $2
SP - Beckett $18
SP - Bailey $5
SP - Miller $2
RP - Speier $1
11 players/$99 in Salary (my cap is 11/$110)
A couple of things that I might change and wanted some feedback on.
1) Should I keep Hudson? His salary for 2008 would be $17 and I initially thought I could get him for less than that at auction but looking at the lack of depth at 2B that might not be true.
2) Do Bailey, Miller, Montero and Lind have enough short term upside to keep? I drafted all three of these guys last year thinking that there was a chance for help in 2007 but that they would be contributing in 2008. However, based on their performances in 2007, I am not sure my thesis still holds.
3) I think Furcal is worth $24 if he rebounds and performs closer to his 05 & 06 numbers versus 07. Obviously, I am willing to take a risk on him but would a more conservative play be to keep Hudson (see Q1) and try to pick up Furcal at a lower salary at auction?
4) Based on the keeper submissions thus far, it looks like Miguel Cabrera will be available. Should I leave Kouzmanoff off my keeper list (opening up a 3B position) and keep Hudson (Q1) or possibly another SP (Francis is also $11 for 2008 or Garland a $9 salary for 2008)?
5) Even though Morneau is a pretty good player, I don't see him producing enough to warrent a $31 salary based on the projections I have used. With the exception of Montero, all of the other hitters I plan on keeping seem to have at least their salary or some upside to their projected production. What do you think?
Thanks for any help you guys can provide! If I can I will help in return.