Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Mitchell Investigation

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: The Mitchell Investigation

Postby converge241 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:01 pm

one interesting missing name (per WEEI.com)

Gary Matthews Jr.
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:02 pm

StlSluggers wrote:Albert Pujols makes me :~(

I wouldn't say I'm happy about it but he has been linked to Grimsley in the past so it isn't really a surprise. If there is anything else in the report about him I would be very interested to read.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -946)

Postby Tavish » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:05 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:

I wouldn't say I'm happy about it but he has been linked to Grimsley in the past so it isn't really a surprise. If there is anything else in the report about him I would be very interested to read.

That's the big thing to keep in mind about this list. There isn't a great deal of information yet on to how the various players are linked with the information. Until the full report is released everything is still just speculation on what the involvement is supposed to be.
Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -510)

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:05 pm

Just a major FYI. That is the list circulating the internet. It did not come from MLB and has not been substantiated. In fact, deadspin has a quote on there from a MLB official who said that the list is "not entirely accurate." So let's not go too crazy indicting everybody on the list, ok? ;-)
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -486)

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:06 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:

I mean, it's not like I was ignoring the obvious evidence against him. I was just hoping the evidence was wrong. :-/
Want an easy icon?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=133
All you have to do is beat a few guys at picking Sunday's winners.[/url]
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -302)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Yoda » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:07 pm

Is Arod going to be on the list? I think Canseco mentioned him in the past.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby converge241 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:08 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:Just a major FYI. That is the list circulating the internet. It did not come from MLB and has not been substantiated. In fact, deadspin has a quote on there from a MLB official who said that the list is "not entirely accurate." So let's not go too crazy indicting everybody on the list, ok? ;-)

MSNBC running with same list for one but yes possible could be some errors we should all keep in mind
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 39)

Postby Bloody Sox » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:09 pm

Rich Garces- Who

EL GUAPO!!! THE FAT MAN!!!
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:09 pm

mak1277 wrote:I guess the list could be right...although I'm not sure what would surprise me at this point. There isn't anyone that you could put on the list that would shock me.

I was thinking about it last night and the closest I could come to someone that would surprise me would be Greg Maddux but I can honestly say anyone being named would shock me.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -946)

Postby Bloody Sox » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:11 pm

I find it interesting that 3/4 of the rumored names are hitters. I would have thought more than 1/2 would be pitchers.

Also - I am curious to see the details of who did HGH vs. PEDs. I think there will be a huge amount of "yeah, but he only did HGH" excuses out there.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers