Return to General Talk

FFB venting thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: FFB venting thread

Postby Old_Style » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:45 pm

Your opponent's two running backs are Ronnie Brown and Reggie Bush. Should be a gimme week, right? WRONG!
Both Peterson's take a dive on me, as does Vince Young. Every body on my opponents team has at least one TD. Cutler has the game of his life, Evans comes out of nowhere, Tomlinson is playing like his old self, and you could also add in Fitgerald and Gonzalez's numbers.
I'm on the brink of making the playoffs (4 teams make the playoffs; Week 16&17). It looks like there will be a three teams, with the same record, fighting for the last two spots and I go up against the best team in the league next week.
If I don't make the playoffs, I QUIT! :-C
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -218)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:09 pm

I made the playoffs with a Win today as the #1 seed instead of missing it altogether.

Crisis averted.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -231)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:21 am

<--in the finals. :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -14)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Yoda » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:39 am

So I won the championship game by 6 points, a lot closer than I expected. Aaron Stecker of all people saved my season. Still, it's way too random and I'm not sure if I enjoy it enough to keep playing. :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby knapplc » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:54 am

I have had the best team in my league three years running (LT/Bulger/Steve Smith) and for the last two years I’ve had Addai and this year I cut Bulger and picked up Derek Anderson. I lost in the first round of the playoffs each of the past two seasons, and this year I lost every odd-numbered week and missed the playoffs entirely.

I’m in four other leagues. One I never contended in. Two of them I went into the playoffs as the #1 seed, and got hammered and I’m out in both. The fourth I barely missed the playoffs.

Running backs killed me all season long in each league. I eked out wins in those two leagues to make the playoffs despite inconsistencies from Reggie Bush, LaMont Jordan, Steven Jackson, Shaun Alexander, Rudi Johnson, Larry Johnson, etc. But this week, it all came crashing down and I’m going to finish out of the money in every league.

I love football, but my love of fantasy football is taking some serious hits right now. Like everyone has been saying, the luck factor is far too high for me. :-[ :-C
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -17)

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:00 pm

I have ignored my only live team (in the consolation draw) this week and it has scored 160 points? What the :-S :-S :-S :-S
It has a 6-7 record and next week will play for 5th place.
Minimum moves or keeping up and I can be 5th?
Whatever.
That's not skill , that's like playing a slot machine. :-P :-P
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -37)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:06 pm

I need 11 pts from the Bears DEF/ST tonight to win the finals. :-o Kick to Hester!
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -14)

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:07 pm

I only play 1 league. It's a $$ dynasty league with a unique setup. This is season 3. I finished 4-9 in the first season and followed that up with a nice 3-10. Due to questionable trades, I also traded my picks in the first 2 drafts. We only have 1 round for rookies. I finished this season as the 6th seed (8-5) and barely snuck into the playoffs. I won my first 2 matchups and am going for the 'Ship. :-)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

Postby Yoda » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:19 pm

I'm very happy since I just realized I won appx $1400 (good fantasy year for me since I won appx $4500 between baseball/football :-D)

My championship team:
QB-Favre
RB-Parker
RB-Stecker
WR-TO
WR-Marshall
WR-Branch
TE-Winslow
D-Chargers
K-J.Brown
---------------
Roy W
Bush
Kitna
L.White
Indy
Bruce
Muhammad
Dallas Clark
Culpepper
James Jones
Chris Henry
Davenport
Fred Jackson
Kris Brown
Gage
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk