An Iconic Fantasy Baseball Community
Moderator: Baseball Moderators
Absolutely Adequate wrote:1. Rhodes - On the fact that Billy Beane seems to have a magical touch with closers and because of all that foul ground.
2. Looper - He's in a good pitchers park, he's got a pretty good k/bb ratio, and the competition isn't stiff. He's got a 3.72 career era, so he's not that bad.
3. Nathan - He was good last year in SF, but he reached the majors late, he has a 4.94 cumulative minor league era, and I think that last year was a Hammond-like fluke.
4. Kolb - I think he'll lose the job by May. The guy has a 1.51 whip for his career. Sure, he was better last year. But so was Esteban Loaiza.
LBJackal wrote:1. Nathan - Sleeper closer of the year, only competition is Jesse Crain who won't get his shot until next season. Nathan is following the same path Eric Gagne took.
2. Rhodes - all signs point to a bad season but with enough save opps he could be decent. Why does everybody think because Beane "hand picked" him he'll be so good? Does Beane know something that no other GM knows?
3. Kolb - Not a bad option, but even if he's on his game all year he still might not get a lot of saves because Milwaukee is terrible.
4. Looper - Bad ERA, bad WHIP, bad BAA, bad K's. No thanks.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests