Return to Baseball Leftovers

Chase Utley Out 4-6 Weeks Broken Hand

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Chase Utley Out 4-6 Weeks Broken Hand

Postby Legia13 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:06 pm

dooz wrote:I can't say that I am happy about this but my prospects of winning one of my leagues just got a little brighter.

I wish Utley a speedy recovery. I don't have him on any teams but he sure is fun to watch.

I"m in a similar situation. The only league I have him in, I have all but wrapped up. The 2nd place guy in a really tight league that I'm in has him. and the injury gives me an opp to take over the 2nd place spot ;-D
Legia13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby roninmedia » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:47 pm

Legia13 wrote:
dooz wrote:I can't say that I am happy about this but my prospects of winning one of my leagues just got a little brighter.

I wish Utley a speedy recovery. I don't have him on any teams but he sure is fun to watch.

I"m in a similar situation. The only league I have him in, I have all but wrapped up. The 2nd place guy in a really tight league that I'm in has him. and the injury gives me an opp to take over the 2nd place spot ;-D

I agree with the two gentleman about wishing Chase a full and speedy recovery. But the second place team who is breathing down my neck like the Cubs are doing on the Brewers has Utley and I traded him Alex Rodriguez pre-season so this will give me a chance to re-extend my lead in the time Utley is out.
roninmedia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -13)

Postby J35J » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:19 pm

Wow that sucks! Utley is a very likeable guy and hope he can come back without any set backs or lingering problems!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -44)

Postby theclefe » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:02 pm

A guy you might be able to buy low on to replace Chase is Julio Lugo - has 2b Eligibilty. On a 13 game hitting streak. Seems to be heating up, with good SB and RBIs. 2b/3b/SS Eligible too, so when Utley comes back, Lugo will still be an asset off the bench in H2H playoffs.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: -87)

Postby toledomudhens » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:48 am

i totally agree now would be the time if any to buy on utley low... im in a 12 team 5x5 mixed league and am totally out of it this year, so im starting the rebuilding process for next year and i just offered the 3rd place team who's right there in points with the 2nd place team griffey and rich hill for utley.... i really think this helps him this year, and it's not that much of a low ball offer.
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 64)

Postby Bloody Sox » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:29 am

Bummer on Chase... it does help me in my main money league as the guy I'm tied for first with has him, but I hate winning cheaply. Ironically, that same guy got Utley from me in a late season trade last year.

Nunez is his replacement, huh? Blech. :-P

I wish Michael Bourn could play 2B... I'd love to grab him for the steals if he could get some playing time. No chance he was a converted infielder, huh? ;-7
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby interchange » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:31 am

Bloody Sox wrote:I wish Michael Bourn could play 2B... I'd love to grab him for the steals if he could get some playing time. No chance he was a converted infielder, huh? ;-7

I was actually gonna post the same thing. Would be interesting if they could work Michael Bourn in there. He would be a great pick-up.
interchange
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -14)

Postby Fugetaboutit » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:50 am

When is Yahoo gonna DL him allready. Christ. It said he wes DLed immediately after the game!
Fugetaboutit
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -12)

Postby tomkatt » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:58 pm

Fugetaboutit wrote:When is Yahoo gonna DL him allready. Christ. It said he wes DLed immediately after the game!

No doubt. There are some decent sticks on the wire, but I need to be able to put him on the DL first! :-t
tomkatt
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -6)
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers