Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

My team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My team

Postby CapitalJ » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:27 pm

My league is a 9 team non-keeper roto league where we set our line up weekly. We score: TB, RBI, R, OPS, SB, W, SV, IP, ERA, WHIP. I am in second. I have dominated all of the pitching categories except for saves, but been mediocre to poor in all of the offensive categories. Since I am so far ahead of everyone in W and IP, I made a bunch of pitching for hitting trades. I also added a bunch of relievers through trades and the wire. Check out my team and let me know what you think. Keep in mind that with only 9 teams, good players are often not worth that much and that with weekly settings a deep bench is also not too valuable.

C - Mauer
1B - Konerko
2B - Utely
SS - Rollins
3B- Braun
LF- Soriano
CF - Wells
RF - Rios
UT - Hawpe

SP - Webb
SP - Zambrano
SP - Sabathia
SP - Bedard
RP - Nathan
RP- Gagne
P - Gallardo
P - Capps
P - Lidge

BN - Atkins
BN - Weathers
DL - P. Martinez

To fill my 2 open roster spots, I am leaning toward Hunter Pence and Tim Lincecum. Some other solid choices are: C. Patterson, Billy Butler, B. Abreu, K. Millwood, D. Bush and A. Wainwright.
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Hockey

Re: My team

Postby Frappy » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:35 pm

Pence sounds good, you'll get a solid 5 category contributor there. Lincecum seems like your best option pitching wise, but I wouldn't start him until and unless he turns it around somewhat. He's not exactly contributing 9-teamer numbers, but he definitely can this year. Anyway, it looks like the offense was patched together nicely on your part. With V.Wells, Soriano, Mauer, and Konerko - you can optimistically hope for a better 2nd half. Your pitching is money and full of 2nd half pitchers. Is Akinori Otsuka availible? If he his, consider picking him up as a Gagne trade can make a closer out of Akinori. That would definitely help out your saves category by gaining a solid closer. If you can swing Gallardo and an OF bat for a stud OF, I'd consider that. Gallardo's value should've spiked with his new found rotation spot and dominant numbers so far.

Can you help me?
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team