Return to Baseball Leftovers

Percival

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Percival

Postby Bukoski77 » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:23 pm

Is he fully recovered from last years problems or is he an injury risk still?
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby denvermax » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:40 pm

i think he will always be a risk to get hurt now, but as far as i know, he should be ready for spring training
denvermax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -16)

Postby NZF » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:46 pm

He still saved 33 games for a team that won only 77 and by all acounts is over the hip injury that caused him concerns last season.

Expect him to get back to his 2001 / 2002 numbers and with a far better supporting cast 40 saves looks likely.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -27)

Postby shortsavage » Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:21 pm

His whole hip dislocation deal kind of scared me away. Percival is turning 35 this season and he could fall to injury or be traded and become another Yankee closer to reliever convert.

If you draft Troy, make sure to get K-Rod too.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -15)

Postby kentx12 » Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:26 pm

shortsavage wrote:
If you draft Troy, make sure to get K-Rod too.

Great advise.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -47)

Postby Bukoski77 » Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:53 pm

Sweet, I need relief help in a keeper league. The best offer I have gotten is him for Pettitte. That deal is about done. Thanks guys.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:56 pm

percival will blow his hip out again, he is done, i live in so cal and i am a huge halos fan, but this guy is over the freaking hill, i saw him the other day cause he live him a neighboring town, and it looked like he had put on a lot of weight, even for him

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby LBJackal » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:27 pm

Anonymous wrote:percival will blow his hip out again, he is done, i live in so cal and i am a huge halos fan, but this guy is over the freaking hill, i saw him the other day cause he live him a neighboring town, and it looked like he had put on a lot of weight, even for him

I'll take advice from those who give it for a living instead a guest who claims Percival is too old and too fat just because you live near him...

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -178)

Postby Bukoski77 » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:48 pm

Thanks LBJackal.

I pretty much ignored his post assumeing he is one of the trolls spamming the forum today.

The actual deal is my Pettitte/Gavine Floyd for Percival/Austin Kearns. 4 hitters and 4 pitchers kept where RP carries a bit of a premium. I have a few hitters who will probably out perform Kearns as my 4th hitter to keep but they are old and on the decline of their career's. I'll gamble with youth and hope he stays healthy. He wouldnt keep Kearns over the hitters he has so it justifies him loseing Kearns. I've probably single handidly gauranteed that Floyd will be the 2nd comeing of Prior though.

Seems like a solid deal that helps both teams, and the cafe helped me put it together with player analysis in this forum and player comparison in the trade forum.

As always thanks cafe ;-D .
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby stabone76 » Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:09 am

Anonymous wrote:percival will blow his hip out again, he is done, i live in so cal and i am a huge halos fan, but this guy is over the freaking hill, i saw him the other day cause he live him a neighboring town, and it looked like he had put on a lot of weight, even for him

I saw him the other day cause he live him a neighboring town..... This is why you are an uninformed angel fan... go to your daddys office and talk to him before you bother us

oh and you are DEFINATELY not a knowledgable "halo fan" as you claim... if you were, you wouild know percival has ALWAYS been above weight... nice try waldo
stabone76
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers