Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jeffrey Hammonds?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jeffrey Hammonds?

Postby aardvarks » Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:01 pm

Hey guys!
How many AB's do you think Jeffrey will see in SF?
With Cruz gone is he the starting RF?
If yes than do you think he's worth a late look?
aardvarks
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:10 am

325-375 ... he will split time with Tucker and Grissom. Of course with injury he could see more.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby swingaway » Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:41 am

i wouldnt expect nothing special from him since he will probably be a plattoning type player.
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -20)

Postby stabone76 » Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:58 pm

wrveres wrote:325-375 ... he will split time with Tucker and Grissom. Of course with injury he could see more.

Boy are you wrong. You have that backwards, with injury he is likely to get less.
stabone76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Grouperman941 » Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:49 pm

stabone76 wrote:
wrveres wrote:325-375 ... he will split time with Tucker and Grissom. Of course with injury he could see more.

Boy are you wrong. You have that backwards, with injury he is likely to get less.

Er... Injury to Tucker or Grissom would give Hammonds more PT, right?
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -5)

Postby stabone76 » Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:17 pm

Grouperman941 wrote:
stabone76 wrote:

My point is HE IS THE ONE who is most likely to get hurt... you know he was a member of the 92 olympic team, was one of most prospected players in the next 6 or so years, he is hte injury prone guy
stabone76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wrveres » Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:37 pm

stabone76 wrote:
Grouperman941 wrote:
stabone76 wrote:

My point is HE IS THE ONE who is most likely to get hurt... you know he was a member of the 92 olympic team, was one of most prospected players in the next 6 or so years, he is hte injury prone guy

lol .. true true ...
I was trying to figure out all those Sunday AB's too, You know when Barry takes his day off. Its probably closer to 300 AB's in '04 for Jeffrey, IF HEALTHY!!. If the kid could ever stay healthy, he would be nice protection around Barry. But he is not a kid anymore, and I don't see him getting a full season in, or even close to one. In his 10 year big league career, he has topped 450 abs in a season only once, and that was his 454 abs 3 years ago in Colorado. Not a wise investment expect for very deep NL only leagues.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby stabone76 » Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:43 pm

The only reason i know as much about his earlier career in Bmore is cause i was like 16 and collected baseball cards. Then he was in COLO and was decent at best. Then the brewers signed him (im in wisconsin) and its funny cause i knew they wasted the money more than they did. Now they blame the fact they are afraid to sign a FA on him. IDIOTS
stabone76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TownDrunk » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:18 pm

The RF job for the Giants will be a platoon between Hammonds, Tucker, and Mohr. I wouldn't take a flyer out on any of these guys fantasy wise unless one of them proves to be the everyday RF. And I actually will go out on a limb here and say Mohr will be the starting, everday RF by the All Star break ;-D

[b]25[/b]
TownDrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Web Supporter
(Past Year: -1)

Postby shortsavage » Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:18 pm

My family is rich with Giants' fans who rarely agree on issues related to the team. Oddly enough, we are all starting to lean toward Mohr as SF's starting RF.

Like TownDrunk said, none of them are worth a draft pick yet. But as the playing time situation unfolds (it would surprise me if Alou picks a favorite before March 29th :-D), the majority playing time leader may be worth a waiver wire pick-up.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -15)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers