Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trade Rumors

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Trade Rumors

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:49 am

RynMan wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:
This was daylight robbery by the Padres.
The Brewers could have just used Hatcher themselves. He was the answer.
We might have a Krivsky Award winner already this season. :-°

Melvin is an outstanding GM - I think he did what he needed to.

I agree. Linebrink will help them a bit this year and give them some leverage if they need to make another trade. Also if Linebrink leaves, they will get a pretty good pick in the draft for compensation and next years draft is looking to be as strong or even stronger then this years amateur draft.
raiders_umpire

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -786)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chicago RedSox » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:28 pm

This is a weak rumor, but I'll post it anyways. Any chance ATL would flip Texiara for Damon and cash?

The New York Yankees have been calling teams to see if there is any interest in center fielder Johnny Damon.

Among the clubs they've called is the Atlanta Braves, whose reply, according to an official with one of the teams involved, was that they liked Damon, "but not at that price."

Damon is signed through 2009 at $13 million per season, and if the Yankees were to trade him, they'd probably have to chip in a good chunk of that salary. That, along with Damon's limited no-trade clause, makes it unlikely the Yankees would deal him.

Source:http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-2/118542421988410.xml&coll=1
Play Ball
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -4)

Postby BravesGuy » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:03 pm

Chicago RedSox wrote:This is a weak rumor, but I'll post it anyways. Any chance ATL would flip Texiara for Damon and cash?

The New York Yankees have been calling teams to see if there is any interest in center fielder Johnny Damon.

Among the clubs they've called is the Atlanta Braves, whose reply, according to an official with one of the teams involved, was that they liked Damon, "but not at that price."

Damon is signed through 2009 at $13 million per season, and if the Yankees were to trade him, they'd probably have to chip in a good chunk of that salary. That, along with Damon's limited no-trade clause, makes it unlikely the Yankees would deal him.

Source:http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-2/118542421988410.xml&coll=1

hahaha, yeah right!
Life is like riding an elevator. It has a lot of ups and downs and someone is always pushing your buttons.

ΠKΦ
BravesGuy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 29)

Postby AtlDynasty25 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:02 pm

Chicago RedSox wrote:This is a weak rumor, but I'll post it anyways. Any chance ATL would flip Texiara for Damon and cash?

Ummmm no.
AtlDynasty25
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -3)

Postby brandnew » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:29 pm

I'm going to be really sad seeing Salty play in a different uniform. This deal is going to bite the Braves in the ass in two years... I think Salty is going to end up better than Francoeur, Marte, and McCann.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -11)

Postby AtlDynasty25 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:43 pm

brandnew wrote:I'm going to be really sad seeing Salty play in a different uniform. This deal is going to bite the Braves in the ass in two years... I think Salty is going to end up better than Francoeur, Marte, and McCann.

You really think it's gonna get done? I'm not so sure. Salty is a franchise player. I don't know why the Braves don't just stick with him at 1B.
AtlDynasty25
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -3)

Postby rentz » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:11 pm

AtlDynasty25 wrote:
brandnew wrote:I'm going to be really sad seeing Salty play in a different uniform. This deal is going to bite the Braves in the ass in two years... I think Salty is going to end up better than Francoeur, Marte, and McCann.

You really think it's gonna get done? I'm not so sure. Salty is a franchise player. I don't know why the Braves don't just stick with him at 1B.

If the braves want to win it all this year they need another power bat and teix is the top bat on the market + he brings gold glove defense.
right now they are 3.5 games back, you add a power bat and suddenly the braves chances to win the division are much better.
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -2)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers