Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trade Rumors

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Trade Rumors

Postby Rounders » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:58 pm

mrkrab2003 wrote:
Rounders wrote:
Yahoo wrote:The interest in Chicago White Sox outfielder Jermaine Dye seems to be rising.

The Cleveland Indians and Boston Red Sox are among the teams that have inquired. The Los Angeles Angels and Chicago Cubs also would be logical fits.

According to one club, the White Sox are looking for an elite prospect in return.

Having Dye on one of my teams - the way he is heating up, I wouldn't mind seeing him in one of these 4 offenses. And as a Cubs fan I wouldn't mind seeing him in RF and hitting #5 in place of a platoon of Floyd, DeRosa, and Jacque.

i rather see Pie get called up...AGAIN!

I wouldn't mind that either, but that's CF, they still don't have a guy that they can throw in RF every day.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Scooter1027 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:27 pm

I know Florida's kinda hurting for SP, but if they can get a good deal for Willis they should do it. His numbers have declined over the past couple years and his peripherals have been quite poor. He posted a respectable 3.87 last year, but his 1.42 WHIP, high walk rate, and average K rate suggest he got a bit lucky. And this year, well, he's been pretty terrible (5.15/1.65). If the Marlins could bring in a nice haul for Willis (one that includes an upper-tier young arm), then they should do it.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -3)

Postby RynMan » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:47 pm

Scooter1027 wrote:I know Florida's kinda hurting for SP, but if they can get a good deal for Willis they should do it. His numbers have declined over the past couple years and his peripherals have been quite poor. He posted a respectable 3.87 last year, but his 1.42 WHIP, high walk rate, and average K rate suggest he got a bit lucky. And this year, well, he's been pretty terrible (5.15/1.65). If the Marlins could bring in a nice haul for Willis (one that includes an upper-tier young arm), then they should do it.

Not to mention he has been in a pitcher's park that whole time.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -227)

Postby chalk61 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:01 am

Amalie Benjamin, Globe Staff wrote:The Red Sox remain in the hunt for Texas first baseman Mark Teixeira with the nonwaiver trading deadline approaching, according to a major league source. Boston is among five or six teams with a possibility of landing the 27-year-old switch-hitter, who was drafted by the Red Sox in the ninth round in 1998 but chose to attend Georgia Tech. He then was drafted by the Rangers in 2001 with the fifth overall pick. Currently making $9 million per year and arbitration-eligible next season, he can become a free agent in 2009. The Sox also have interest in A's outfielder Bobby Kielty, who was designated for assignment Monday, though he is a secondary target.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2007/07/25/just_like_his_average_crisp_movin_on_up?mode=PF
chalk61
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby slomo007 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:05 pm

That makes a lot of sense for both teams. Erstad is coming off the DL and could easily man 1b. CWS are not going anywhere this year, so might as well take some prospects from Anaheim. Maybe take Santana and then deal Contreras?
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Postby thedude » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:32 pm

Will Carol has a rumor about Teix going to ATL for Salty, Andrus, and a pitcher. I don't think that the Braves would do that, but that is would be the best offer the Rangers could probably hope for.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -397)

Postby slomo007 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:34 pm

thedude wrote:Will Carol has a rumor about Teix going to ATL for Salty, Andrus, and a pitcher. I don't think that the Braves would do that, but that is would be the best offer the Rangers could probably hope for.

Wow, I hope they do it. I also doubt the Braves would give up that much though.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Postby shasty mcnasty » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:38 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Konerko to Halos?

The Angels have resumed their pursuit of Chicago White Sox first baseman Paul Konerko, who turned down a five-year, $62-million free-agent offer from the Angels after 2005 to remain in Chicago. According to several industry sources, the Angels, looking to add a power bat to their sagging offense, have inquired about Konerko, who is batting .261 with 22 home runs and 61 runs batted in. Konerko has a limited no-trade clause and is signed through 2010, but he has a good relationship with Scioscia and would probably waive the clause to come to Anaheim. -- LA Times

yeah, this has been mentioned today around chicago radio, and i'd think konerko would probably sign off on the thing, but i'm pretty sure Kenny Williams would be charging an arm and a leg for Paulie. And my first inclination is that Santana wouldn't get it done...young pitching is the thing that the White Sox kinda have...not that they would be above acquiring more of it...that's obviously the general plan, but at the same time, the position players on this team are getting collectively pretty old and creaky, and i'd think Williams would be looking for some big young bats.
Last edited by shasty mcnasty on Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shasty mcnasty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -17)
Location: enjoying another beautiful day in southwest Michigan

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers