Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trade Rumors

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Mon May 28, 2007 8:30 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
SpecialFNK wrote:
hookem2003 wrote:I predict that Tex ends up in LA for a few nice prospects. Another one that makes sense would be aki or gagne for matt murton.

Angels or Dodgers? im guessing you mean Angels?
would the Rangers trade someone like Teixeira to a team within their own division? and would that be smart?
unless the prospects are absolute cant miss im not sure id trade a star player within your own division.

In the local press, there are minor rumblings about Tex going to Dodgers or the Angels, but a little more so with the Dodgers. It'll be interesting where this places Nomar, as playing 1B has given him a new lease on life when it comes to health. Perhaps a move to 3B is in the works if Big Tex is dealt to the Ravine.

From what I can sense, the Dodgers are open to dealing Loney and perhaps Broxton as pieces in the deal. It'll be interesting if Texas or any other squad inquires about Elbert, Laroche, Billingsley, and Kershaw.

No doubt Texas would only do this for Pitching.
Interesting.
I think Kuo gets the nod later in the week, just so LA can see what they really have. They know Billingsley is a starter, and to be quite honest I would be shocked to see him moved. I think LA has given up on Miller, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him get shipped out for something.

as for Nomar, its time he goes the way of Gibson. Big historic hits coming off the Bench ...
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dougbies » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:25 pm

any thoughts on buehrle getting traded now that his contract is up at the end of the year and the sox are not doing to well
dougbies
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby shasty mcnasty » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:32 pm

dougbies wrote:any thoughts on buehrle getting traded now that his contract is up at the end of the year and the sox are not doing to well

was just coming over to post about this...with Erstad injured (not sure how serious), and the Sox bats already struggling, i could easily see Kenny Williams willing to deal Buehrle and/or Dye. He could also go the other way, and try to go get a center fielder, i suppose, but it just seems like this is not the Sox year. I wouldn't be suprised at all to see Buehrle/Dye get shipped for prospects.
shasty mcnasty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -17)
Location: enjoying another beautiful day in southwest Michigan

Postby dougbies » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:05 pm

i guess can also see the sox going both ways. i think though if you look back at the sox past, so many times the sox were buyers and only one time recently were they sellers, so even though the sox are not looking too great they still may buy[/quote]
dougbies
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby shasty mcnasty » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:12 pm

dougbies wrote:i guess can also see the sox going both ways. i think though if you look back at the sox past, so many times the sox were buyers and only one time recently were they sellers, so even though the sox are not looking too great they still may buy
[/quote]

yeah, they could go either way...may depend in part on just how badly the wheels come off at the top of the order...
shasty mcnasty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby rippz » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:53 pm

Ok lets get some Zambrano rumors going.... This guy is done as a Cub(I hope)
rippz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby shasty mcnasty » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:38 pm

rippz wrote:Ok lets get some Zambrano rumors going.... This guy is done as a Cub(I hope)

wouldn't be suprised to see Barrett go...he seems to be falling out of favor pretty quickly...of course, that's alot less fantasy-relevant, but it's there none the less.
shasty mcnasty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby negola_d » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:46 am

shasty mcnasty wrote:
rippz wrote:Ok lets get some Zambrano rumors going.... This guy is done as a Cub(I hope)

wouldn't be suprised to see Barrett go...he seems to be falling out of favor pretty quickly...of course, that's alot less fantasy-relevant, but it's there none the less.

Whatever happens, hitting a teammate is unacceptable. Zambrano is an idiot.
And I wonder, that after this Zambrano wants to stay with the Cubs for another 6-7 years.
The Cubs should just trade Zambrano to the Yankees for A-Rod.
That would make sense. The Cubs got good young pitching in the minors, and could use A-rod at short.
A-Rod has his trouble in the Bronx, and Yanks need pitching. This way A-Rod doesnt have to opt out, and the Yanks wont have pay anything, cause Texas is still paying a big amount of the contract.
And both teams would unload headaches.

But Barrett could be leaving too.
Lou Piniella interview:
"...and its a about time someone to start playing like major leaguers.
Or get somebody else in here who can catch a damn ball or run the bases properly. Thats all I can say."

Im not sure if he talks about Barrett, or the whole team, cause it wasnt only Barrett who screwed up.
Murton, Jones, Soriano, Theriot, Barrett are all run the bases horribly at times, or had stupid defensive mistakes.
But looks like someone has to pay for it, and Barrett was in the office just the other day. And now this.
negola_d
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The River » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:43 am

There's a new rumor around of Dye to Yanks straightup for Abreu and I assume Yanks would pay a portion of Abreu's contract. As A yanks fan, I think Dye could suceed in the bronx, I like his potential power over Abreu's pathetic everything.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2007/06/rosenthals_late.html
The River
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -5)

Postby shasty mcnasty » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:14 pm

The River wrote:There's a new rumor around of Dye to Yanks straightup for Abreu and I assume Yanks would pay a portion of Abreu's contract. As A yanks fan, I think Dye could suceed in the bronx, I like his potential power over Abreu's pathetic everything.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2007/06/rosenthals_late.html

not to dispute the rumor, just wondering why in the world the sox would want to pick up abreu... :-?
shasty mcnasty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers