Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trade Rumors

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Trade Rumors

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:38 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Cubs want Greinke?

The non-waiver trade deadline is July 31, and the Cubs could make another move or two before then. Manager Lou Piniella said he thinks general manager Jim Hendry will "possibly do a little tinkering." There are broadcast reports the Cubs are interested in Kansas City right-hander Zack Greinke, who is 4-5 with a 4.65 ERA in 31 appearances, including seven starts, this season. -- Daily Southtown

For the Pen I'd assume...inning eater
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -117)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby phunkadelic » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:41 pm

Latest Cincinnati rumor is Dunn to Brewers for Matt Wise, Tony Gwynn Jr., and a prospect.
phunkadelic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -2)

Postby slomo007 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:47 pm

phunkadelic wrote:Latest Cincinnati rumor is Dunn to Brewers for Matt Wise, Tony Gwynn Jr., and a prospect.

Sounds like a move the Reds would make. :-t
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:35 pm

slomo007 wrote:
phunkadelic wrote:Latest Cincinnati rumor is Dunn to Brewers for Matt Wise, Tony Gwynn Jr., and a prospect.

Sounds like a move the Reds would make. :-t

If A.Prospect is Manny Parra then he is getting somewhere (not that I would EVER trade Adam Dunn , but oh well)
But it won't be. it will be Adam Dunn for Brian Shouse , Tony Gwynn snr and another rubbish minor league RP.

Krivsky - King of the unexciting relievers.

Oh hang on that's too nice

Krivsky - Dunderhead. Much better ;-D
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -37)

Postby blankman » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:10 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Yanks Interested in Betimet?

The Yankees are talking to teams about dealing a reliever -- perhaps right-handers Kyle Farnsworth, Scott Proctor or Brian Bruney -- for a utility-type player. One possible fit is the Los Angeles Dodgers, who have Wilson Betemit. The Yankees a year ago had talks about acquiring Betemit from the Atlanta Braves before the Braves sent Betemit to the Dodgers. -- Newark Star-Ledger

The Yankees would have to be idiots to trade Proctor or Bruney for a utility player. Torre is too retarded to realize that Bruney is the 2nd best MR on this team other than Vizcaino. Bruney's young as well and if he cuts down on the walks, he's their future closer.

Proctor is a guy they can't afford to lose because of the innings he gives them. Vizcaino is pitching too much now and if you take Proctor away, Vizcaino is toast.

As for Farnsworthless, LA can have him. Maybe Edwar would get to pitch.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -211)

Postby RynMan » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:05 am

I could see the Brewers making a push for Dunn. They have the depth to deal from.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -227)

Postby chalk61 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:56 am

Gordon Edes, Globe Staff wrote:Scratch Brad Lidge from the list of potential targets for a Sox trade by the deadline. Houston Astros owner Drayton McLane said the club will not move Lidge. "I see no reason we should even consider it," McLane told reporters in Washington. "He's been one of the best closers in baseball. He's had some health problems, but we feel that's behind him. We won't even consider it."

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2007/07/19/lugo_not_likely_in_leading_role?mode=PF
chalk61
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby Wheelhouse » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:15 am

chalk61 wrote:
Gordon Edes, Globe Staff wrote:Scratch Brad Lidge from the list of potential targets for a Sox trade by the deadline. Houston Astros owner Drayton McLane said the club will not move Lidge. "I see no reason we should even consider it," McLane told reporters in Washington. "He's been one of the best closers in baseball. He's had some health problems, but we feel that's behind him. We won't even consider it."

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2007/07/19/lugo_not_likely_in_leading_role?mode=PF

how does "one of the best closers in baseball" have all of one save on the season?!?!?!

mclane is a tool
Wheelhouse
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby sstobe » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:41 am

It's really sad that I can really see them completing this BS trade. I will be pissed. :-t
sstobe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers