Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trade Rumors

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Trade Rumors

Postby nsulham » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:36 am

I'm glad others are in the "Hughes isn't guaranteed a damn thing" camp. Yes he SHOULD be good but the fact is we just don't know and to say you wouldn't trade him for a proven stud commodity is ridiculous at best.

There's too many victims of the hype machine who haven't lived up to expectations to believe he's not worth trading for someone like Cabrera, Santana, Pujols, etc.

The Yanks haven't had a prospect this hyped come down the pike in a long while so some (notice I said some) of their fans aren't sure how to handle it. Let me rephrase that, the new-age fans of the "championship era" Yankees.

"What do you mean there's a chance he won't be the Cy Young everyone thought? All the forecasters said so! It HAS to happen! We want it now!"

Newsflash: He's guaranteed nothing. Let's let the kid pitch before we decide he's not worth trading the best for.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Surfs up » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:50 am

I have Hughes and I am concerned they won;t have a starting spot for him when he comes back if the Yankees do trade for Mark Burhele. 1. Clemens 2 Petitte 3 Wang 4 Mussina 5 Burhrle Hmmm > long releif?
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 711)

Postby Surfs up » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:57 am

Think Dotel gets traded soon? And if so where?
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby cordscords » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:50 pm

Surfs up wrote:Think Dotel gets traded soon? And if so where?

Probably Detroit.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 5)

Postby SonsofSlam04 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:14 pm

Its such a joke to hear people talk about P Hughes like he has accomplished so much. News flash - He has NOT accomplished anything! He is a highly touted SP. As some of you have already done - the list of Cant miss super stud prospects can go on forever. Jessie Foppert, Bill Pulshiper, Brien Taylor immediately come to mind.
Last but not least the Skankee organization is famous for pumping up their prospects like the next great player. Let Hughes go out and have 2 or 3 good years and then perhaps will I entertain all these knuckleheads who swear P Hughes is a great pitcher.
SonsofSlam04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -4)

Postby quitesanemax » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:34 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Just curious, can we talk about trade rumors and stop debating Phil Hughes :?

I think the talk of Hughes stemmed from the idea that he might be traded with some prospects for Teix. That being said, I think we all have heard each of the sides of this debate, and all we can do is wait to see how the Yankees organization feels about it.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)

Postby nsulham » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:00 pm

Just from what I've read this morning, the Yanks and Red Sox seem to be both in on Buehrle, with each the frontrunner depending on who you read. Jon Heyman is saying the Yanks want Buerhle but don't want to move Hughes, Chamberlain or Kennedy (then they're not getting him unless they move Cano or Melky+).

Boston's also involved and Chicago is said to want either Buchholz or Lester (no thanks) and Jed Lowrie.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -38)

Postby Surfs up » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:33 pm

I can't see the Yankees moving Hughes in a deal . Not with Clemens signed for just this year. Pettite is only signed through this year I believe.
And what make you think Detroit is where Dotel ends up? Setup man ? Closer? Who do they give up for Dotel. Last night they were saying Zumaya could be back in August. Durbin looks good in that role. I doubt its Detroit.
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers