Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trade Rumors

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Trade Rumors

Postby blankman » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:08 pm

slomo007 wrote:
jbauer2485 wrote:
Another Blown Save wrote:Here is the latest article by Rosenthal about the Rangers

To sum up the article, it looks like the Yankees are interested in Gagne, and the Rangers are intersted in Hughes, and think that they can get Hughes by dealing Teix to the Yankees.

No chance of Hughes being traded.

I don't think there's a chance of getting Teixeira then. Melky for Teix, or anything even close to that, is almost laughable. The Rangers don't need another mediocre could-be outfielder with potential, they need someone that will without a doubt be good. Hughes is the closest thing the Yankees have to that.

I don't see a deal working out, because there are a lot of Yankee fans that don't want to see Hughes dealt...not even for Teix.

Again, Hughes is going no where, regardless of who he could get them in return. The top pitching prospect in the game is worth more than Teix IMO.

As for the article, its amazingly far off base.

It ends with saying the Yankees should be mimicking the Red Sox in terms of development. Is he serious? I don't see how in any way Boston is doing a better job of developing talent. This is a team that won the world series with how many homegrown players? Was it even more than 3?
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -211)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jfg » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:56 pm

blankman wrote:Again, Hughes is going no where, regardless of who he could get them in return. The top pitching prospect in the game is worth more than Teix IMO.

I don't know, pitching prospects are so hit and miss when it comes to injuries and Hughes has already started down that road. If a 27 year old elite hitter is out there I'd be thinking about it. But, like you I probably wouldn't do it either. I'd say there are about 7 guys I'd trade Hughes for if I were Cashman. Pujols, Santana, Ortiz, Utley, Sizemore, Miguel Cabrera and Crawford. The first 3 aren't happening and Sizemore as well. But, I'd pull the trigger if I got Utley, Crawford or Cabrera. Heck, I bet they could get Santana if they threw in Tabata. But, why would they do that when they'll get him in a couple years anyway...
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -127)

Postby slomo007 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:46 am

Wow, you guys really drink the pitching prospect kool-aid. I realize that pitching wins championships...but I'd say "can't miss" prospects only turn out to be studs about 25% of the time (of course I have no research or evidence to back this up :B ). But seriously, if you have the chance to get one of the premier power hitters in the game (Teix) for a prospect, you take it. The Yankees have the money to sign Teix long term, so that's not even an issue.

As for Texas, they need pitching so badly that Hughes would be even more worshiped here than he is in NY most likely. 8-)
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:55 am

I've heard rumblings in colorado of helton going to the yanks.. Of course we hear that every year
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -117)

Postby dmendro » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:12 am

Report on Chicago ESPN 1000 this morning is that the Reds and the Cubs are actively pursueing a deal with Jack Jones and prospects going to the Reds for Griffey Jr. Griffey reportedly said last night he would waive his no-trade clause to go to Chicago and play for Lou.

Anyone have any support to this rumor?
---------------------------------------------------------
The Black 'N Blue Podcast
RSS Feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/BlacknBlue
Beating each other up one sport at a time.
dmendro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -8)

Postby Rounders » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:33 am

dmendro wrote:Report on Chicago ESPN 1000 this morning is that the Reds and the Cubs are actively pursueing a deal with Jack Jones and prospects going to the Reds for Griffey Jr. Griffey reportedly said last night he would waive his no-trade clause to go to Chicago and play for Lou.

I'd take Griffey in RF hitting #5. One issue I can see is that he has an option of $16.5 mil next year, or a $4 mil buy out. Since the ownership will be changing after this season, I don't know that this gets done without cash consideration coming over to the Cubs.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -4)

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:41 am

dmendro wrote:Report on Chicago ESPN 1000 this morning is that the Reds and the Cubs are actively pursueing a deal with Jack Jones and prospects going to the Reds for Griffey Jr. Griffey reportedly said last night he would waive his no-trade clause to go to Chicago and play for Lou.

That Brick wall and Griffey might have some issues
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -117)

Postby Rounders » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:49 am

acsguitar wrote:

That Brick wall and Griffey might have some issues

Yeah, my money would be on the brick wall winning that battle.

Wonder what Cliff Floyd's role would be if Griffey came over.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -4)

Postby FalcoAtL » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:08 pm

Rotoworld says the Cubs and Rangers are discussing a trade involving Jacque Jones.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers