Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trade Rumors

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Trade Rumors

Postby jfg » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:37 pm

I would love to see Dunn in Twins colors. The writer who said Dunn doesn't fit with the Twins is wrong. Just because they haven't had a power DH in ages doesn't mean that's the plan. A risk free DH is impossible to come by in the offseason (and the Twins always go the risk-free route), and the farm system just hasn't been able to produce a power hitter other than Morneau as much as they've tried. So, I think Dunn is the perfect fit for the Twins DH. An ironman who can put the ball over the fence often. It's what the Twins have been missing.

Not only that, Krivsky is ex-Twin management and has good relations with Terry Ryan and Terry Ryan has the right card to play with Matt Garza- A guy that has been complaining about the Twins system- a system that has too many young pitchers and not enough bats. Perfect. The Twins could also resign Dunn and figure that they would have had to pay good money to Garza a couple years down the road anyway. Maybe that won't happen but it still seems like the right move for both teams. I bet the they are talking.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -127)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:45 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
IllinoisBandit wrote:Sorry to bombard this thread with Reds trade rumors, but more radio shows are supposedly reporting Dunn to the Dodgers is close as well as Griffey to Atlanta (and that he's approved a trade to the Braves).

Don't know if these have significant merit (or fantasy implications) or not, but I thought I'd pass them along.

Where are they gonna play Griff? :?

Presumably, they'd stick him in LF, or slide Francoeur into LF and play KGJ in RF.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby IllinoisBandit » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:43 am

Thought I'd give you an update on Dunn. There are some rumblings on local radio stations (and maybe even LA stations but I can't say that for sure) that we're in the middle of the48 hour window a team has to work out an extension with Dunn in order for the trade to go through. It's rumored to be with the Dodgers and to include Broxton, Loney, or both.

Krivsky has "no comment" that a trade is "Dunn".
IllinoisBandit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -4)

Postby Yoda » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:36 pm

IllinoisBandit wrote:Thought I'd give you an update on Dunn. There are some rumblings on local radio stations (and maybe even LA stations but I can't say that for sure) that we're in the middle of the48 hour window a team has to work out an extension with Dunn in order for the trade to go through. It's rumored to be with the Dodgers and to include Broxton, Loney, or both.

Krivsky has "no comment" that a trade is "Dunn".

My money is on Broxton. :D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby wrveres » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:46 pm

would this make Billingsley the closer in LA?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby lowelltr » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:59 pm

wrveres wrote:would this make Billingsley the closer in LA?

Nope - I'd guess Saito....
lowelltr
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Guzman24 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:15 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
IllinoisBandit wrote:Sorry to bombard this thread with Reds trade rumors, but more radio shows are supposedly reporting Dunn to the Dodgers is close as well as Griffey to Atlanta (and that he's approved a trade to the Braves).

Don't know if these have significant merit (or fantasy implications) or not, but I thought I'd pass them along.

Where are they gonna play Griff? :?

Presumably, they'd stick him in LF, or slide Francoeur into LF and play KGJ in RF.

Why not play him at catcher so McCann can start 1 game per week instead of 3. ;7 :[
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -3)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers