Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trade Rumors

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

if tiexiera gets traded

Postby dougbies » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:44 am

if tiexiera gets traded, he goes where???
NYY, BAL, LAA??? and why
dougbies
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: if tiexiera gets traded

Postby rookies and cream » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:46 am

I before E, except in Mark T.

Teixeira

With that said, I don't think Texas will trade him.
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -160)

Postby slomo007 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:50 am

He absolutely will not go to LAA unless Texas gets major league ready talent back in return (ie, Weaver or Santana). Even then I would highly doubt it. LAA is a bigtime competitor and no way Texas wants to give them an elite power hitter to face every game.

I think Baltimore is most likely, it's his hometown and obviously the owners want to bring in a fan favorite.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Postby dougbies » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:01 am

what would baltamore trade for him?
i understand that it would be stupid to trade a power bat within your division, but it seems the angels have been looking for another big bat for quite some time. i dont think that giving up erving santana would be too much.
dougbies
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:07 am

dougbies wrote:what would baltamore trade for him?
i understand that it would be stupid to trade a power bat within your division, but it seems the angels have been looking for another big bat for quite some time. i dont think that giving up erving santana would be too much.

Tejada has been asking to be traded for years although I'm not sure where they'd put him
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -117)

Postby jake_harv88 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:00 am

If he gets traded, Baltimore will definately be up there on the list. I could see texas targeting some of baltimore's young pitching like penn or loewen (depending on how rehab goes), but they would definately want some mlb ready talent in return as well. I mean you can't just trade a stud like teix away for speculative minor leaguers. I could see baltimore trading tejada but I dont see why texas would like that deal. Personally I hope baltimore doesn't trade for him because he'll most likely need a new contract to get a deal done, and once teixeira hits the free agent market I'm pretty confident baltimore will have the best chance to sign him. Why trade someone away AND give him a new contract when you could just wait and sign him without trading anything away. I doubt teixeira gets traded this year. Texas has already stated that they aren't actively trying to move him...

PS the easiest way to remember how to spell teixeira is it violates the i before e rule twice. Doesn't that mean they cancel out though so is it really a violation then? Provocative
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 10)

Postby hot4tx » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:29 am

rookies and cream wrote:With that said, I don't think Texas will trade him.

You don't think they'll trade him? 8-)

They're 132 games out of the wild card. I think they'd trade him, Gagne, Sosa, Wilkerson, Lofton, Blalock and anyone else in the bigs right now besides Millwood, Young, Kinsler and Laird if they could!

I definitely don't see him going to LAA. No way they're THAT stupid to trade him in the division for 18 months.

I don't think NYY has anyone left to trade him for and it's not like they're a Series contender right now anyway. I could see Baltimore trying to add someone to draw fans, LAD but I'm not sure what they'd do with Nomar the Brittle, SFG have a ton of good young arms that Texas would like to get so I'm gonna put them as my horse for the trade, maybe NYM if this is Delgado's last season on contract (not sure about his contract) not likely but throwing it out there, I would have mentioned ATL but I think they may end up wanting to play Salty at 1B, last but not least if the D-backs are still leading the way for the wild card and aren't 100% on Conor they might make a move to help solidify their young offense and give them the big power hitter fear factor they don't have now.
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 72)

Postby Bloody Sox » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:38 am

The BoSox were hot after Helton only two short months ago, so why not Teixiera? They could trade Youkilis and one of their big minor league pitchers (Lester or Buchholz). Of course, why would Boston do that when they won't be able to negotiate an extension thanks to the Spawn of Satan, Scott Boras? That is the biggest reason Texas won't be able to trade him - why would a team give away a lot of top talent for 1-1/2 years of service?
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:39 am

Bloody Sox wrote:The BoSox were hot after Helton only two short months ago, so why not Teixiera? They could trade Youkilis and one of their big minor league pitchers (Lester or Buchholz). Of course, why would Boston do that when they won't be able to negotiate an extension thanks to the Spawn of Satan, Scott Boras? That is the biggest reason Texas won't be able to trade him - why would a team give away a lot of top talent for 1-1/2 years of service?

Why trade Youk?? He has better #'s!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -117)

Postby hot4tx » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:02 pm

Yeah, I didn't put Boston in there because they have Kevin to the Y. He's better in that lineup anyway, as they need table setters for Manny and Papi more than protection behind Manny (what Tex would be)
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 72)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers