Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Need help with an underachieving team! WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need help with an underachieving team! WHIR

Postby hambone1818 » Mon May 21, 2007 9:42 pm

Alright, this season has been an absolute disaster. My team is damn good, top to bottom, but I find myself in last place for a number of reasons, including injuries and terrible starts. What can/should I do with this squad?

It's a 10-team, head-to-head, 5x5 keeper league (going to 8 keepers this season)

C R. Martin
1B K. Youkilis
2B C. Figgins
3B G. Atkins
SS C. Guillen
OF V. Guerrero
OF M. Ramirez
OF H. Pence
UTIL C. B. Young
Ben J. Hermida
DL R. Howard
DL H. Kendrick

SP C. Zambrano
SP B. Sheets
RP J. Nathan
RP T. Saito
P A.J. Burnett
P R. Johnson
Ben J. Shields
Ben I. Snell
Ben B. Colon
Ben J. Beckett (DL)

As you can (hopefully) see, this is not a bad team, certainly not a last place team. But injuries to Figgins, Howard, Kendrick and Beckett, along with slow starts from Atkins, Manny, Howard, Figgins, Zambrano and Sheets has absolutely KILLED me. Now, do I blow it up, trade for next year, do I make some moves to get some of the underachievers off the squad, or do I just hold strong, hope for a change of fortune? Thanks for the help, and I'll respond to your question in kind.
hambone1818
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rossyross34 » Mon May 21, 2007 11:50 pm

i'd stay put. once kendrick comes back you can get figgins out of there since he is and always will be worthless
rossyross34
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigshoww82 » Tue May 22, 2007 12:30 am

ya, thats definitely not a team that should be in last place given the talent, but if i were in the situation i would try to shake things up a little. ive never been a big figgins fan, but ended up with him thru the draft and quickly traded him around the time he was coming off the DL thinking he would be rusty coming back. i almost think whatever quality player u can get for figgins at this point is worth it (i got cuddyer and al reyes). the rest of ur hitters i wouldnt touch, im a believer in atkins. i would try to shake up ur pitching a lil, maybe theres a cubs fan that will wanna deal for zambrano (in my keeper league the cubs fan gave cain str8 up for zambrano). maybe u wanna deal beckett when hes due to come off the DL because his value can only go down at this point and he should be able to net some quality players
bigshoww82
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)

Postby hambone1818 » Wed May 23, 2007 6:58 pm

Thanks for the input, guys. The only thing with Figgins is I need his SB...I'm not going to be getting too many from the rest of the team (20 or so from Pence/Young, 10-15 from Kendrick), so I need him in there for SB.

Maybe I should deal him and a pitcher for a big SB guy like Crawford?

Any other thoughts? Again, I'll help in return. Thanks.
hambone1818
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team