Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my team, WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my team, WHIR

Postby ROC AllStars » Sun May 20, 2007 2:23 pm

So, after 2 months of play, I'm in 3rd in a FP league. How does this team look as of right now?

C: Hernandez
1B: Delgado
2B: Weeks
3B: Mora
SS: Rollins
OF: Berkman, Hunter, Matthews, Rowand
Util: Adrian Gozalez

Bench: Lugo, Zimmerman, Ibanez, Hermida, Delmon Young

SP: Johan, Felix, Haren, Kazmir, Clemens, Maddux, Lowe, Ervin Santana
RP: F. Cordero, Benitez, Dotel (DL)

I'm thinking of picking up Cano or Luis Castillo to back up Weeks at 2B, right now I have Lugo playing there but he is averaging more points than either Mora or Zimmerman, so I could slot him in at 3B. I have Lowe sitting, for the most part, but I like having a decent SP on the roster to fill in if someone gets injured (we have a 162 game start limit). Let me know what you think, and leave a link.
"This guy leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair..."
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby killahurtz » Sun May 20, 2007 2:35 pm

I don't think your team is going to win the league championship. There are a few players on your team that are underachieving so far such as Delgado and Zimmerman. Your pitching staff will keep you very competitive.
16 Team Head-to-Head
killahurtz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby camden » Mon May 21, 2007 5:23 pm

You have a lot of depth at pitching. I'd look to deal some of that to improve your hitting, in particular the OF. I think Clemens (I'll probably get flamed for this) is WAY overrated and his hype is gonna vastly outweigh his production. With your depth, I would use his star-power name to deal him in an instant for a guy like Francoeur or Matsui (if possible).

You have E. Santana. I had him. Are people like Escobar or O. Pere z available? Consider punting him for one of these guys.

Some people I would target to replace are Matthews, Weeks (like you said), Mora and perhaps Hernandez. Maybe you can get a catcher upgrade off the WW.

I think (and hope) Delgado will start to turn it around. He's in a great lineup and patience there might pay dividends for you.

Speed wise, you seem to be solid.

What categories are you doing well in? Where are you hurting? Identify those and use your depth at pitching to improve.
Got Peavy?
camden Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SweetLou » Mon May 21, 2007 5:44 pm

yea what he said.. first thing I would do is try and deal clemens for a bat. i think delgado will heat up, at least i hope he does because i have him too.
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=289529
SweetLou
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team