Return to General Talk

Does anyone know a good restaurant to eat at?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby sportsguy138 » Thu May 17, 2007 8:25 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Cubsin2100 wrote:The real question is how does italian food NOT give you gas. Olive oil + bread= not fun to be sitting next to me.

I like In 'n out burger... I have about 4 of those lame shirts.

How can Yoda sleep at night knowing he is just chilling, waiting for the Emperor to take over? Sure, things worked out, but I think Yoda is lame. ET is el hombre.

So let me get this straight... olive oil and bread give you gas, but In 'n Out burger doesn't?

Something doesn't add up!

Not to interrupt this little thing about gas, but I think In 'n Out is terrible. I went to Cali a couple summers ago and they couldn't stop talking about the damn place, so I was expecting it to be pretty good (didn't know before because we don't have it here in Canada). I finally had it the day before I left the country and didn't see what all the fuss was about. If you want some real burgers, come here. B-)
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -31)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu May 17, 2007 8:32 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Cubsin2100 wrote:The real question is how does italian food NOT give you gas. Olive oil + bread= not fun to be sitting next to me.

How can Yoda sleep at night knowing he is just chilling, waiting for the Emperor to take over? Sure, things worked out, but I think Yoda is lame. ET is el hombre.

So let me get this straight... olive oil and bread give you gas, but In 'n Out burger doesn't?

Not to interrupt this little thing about gas, but I think In 'n Out is terrible. I went to Cali a couple summers ago and they couldn't stop talking about the damn place, so I was expecting it to be pretty good (didn't know before because we don't have it here in Canada). I finally had it the day before I left the country and didn't see what all the fuss was about. If you want some real burgers, come here. B-)

Bah, if it's one guilt-free high-calorie fast food delicacy that L.A. specializes in, it's burgers! We also have Tommy's, Fatburger, The Apple Pan, and Father's Office (the latter probably has the best in town).
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 370)

Postby ironman » Thu May 17, 2007 9:22 pm

Oooh Oooooh I can answer this! I was exiled-er I mean sent to a conference in Sioux City last month. We never really left the downtown area but I can say that if you head down E 4th St there are a whole slew of restaurants and bars to choose from. The only ones I ate at were the 4th St Sports Bar and a place called Sweet Fanny's.

Fanny's was good. You can get burgers and sandwiches or if you want something more they have steak and pasta. It's got a pub feel to it and it's decorated with WWII bomber motif which is kind of cool to look at.

4th St Sports bar has basic bar food and sandwiches. It's decent. The real draw there is that they have the DirecTV MLB package which means my butt was firmly planted on a barstool to watch the Cub games that weren't on the regular Sioux City cable system.

Driving from Sioux City to Des Moines just for food would be silly. It's at least a 3 hour drive. You're actually closer to Omaha and Sioux Falls, SD, but even then neither of those places are real close.

Hope that helps.

PS- Why are you going to Sioux City?
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -173)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu May 17, 2007 9:29 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

wow i think you might be the first one i've seen to not like in & out, but i do understand how all the hype can make fulfilling your expectations impossible. that's how i am with food, once people start telling you it's a must have and it's all that, then the expectations are set too high and you'll never really enjoy it as much.

italian food doesnt give me gas, but if it has the tomato sauce, i tend to get heartburn.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -36)

Postby ironman » Thu May 17, 2007 9:34 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:
sportsguy138 wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

wow i think you might be the first one i've seen to not like in & out, but i do understand how all the hype can make fulfilling your expectations impossible. that's how i am with food, once people start telling you it's a must have and it's all that, then the expectations are set too high and you'll never really enjoy it as much.

italian food doesnt give me gas, but if it has the tomato sauce, i tend to get heartburn.

For me it's in the basil. I love a good pesto but holy smokes I need some Rolaids afterwards. :-°
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ironman » Thu May 17, 2007 9:56 pm

RyanK wrote:
Cubsin2100 wrote: Do you like the television show Are You Afraid of the Dark?

Salute Your Shorts is much better

Better than You Can't Do That on Television?

ironman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu May 17, 2007 11:57 pm

ironman wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:
sportsguy138 wrote:
Coppermine wrote:

For me it's in the basil. I love a good pesto but holy smokes I need some Rolaids afterwards. :-°

I suppose I'm the oddball here. Italian food doesn't give me gas (in fact no cuisine has been known to do so for me). It's either I have an iron stomach or I don't eat Italian all that often.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 370)

Postby Lofunzo » Fri May 18, 2007 12:18 am

Coppermine wrote:

Agreed.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

Postby josebach » Fri May 18, 2007 8:19 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:I suppose I'm the oddball here. Italian food doesn't give me gas (in fact no cuisine has been known to do so for me). It's either I have an iron stomach or I don't eat Italian all that often.

Lucky for my wife, I'm the same way. The only thing which really gives me gas is when I drink too much beer (which isn't too often now that I mostly drink wine).
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk