Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Browser Scripts

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo Browser Helpers (was Yahoo Batter/Pitcher Matchups...)

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:16 pm

Script Suggestion:
Bwanna, you have covered basically every aspect of the game that Yahoo Fantasy Baseball is missing. The only thing that I can think of that might be useful that you haven't taken care of is a league roster page. ESPN.com has a nice roster page that allows you to see the entire leagues roster and makes it very easy to find other owners weaknesses and come up with potential deals. IMO it would be awesome if you could add this to Yahoo.

For clarification, here's a screenshot of my suggestion:

"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -63)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bwanna » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:10 pm

Nooner wrote:Is it possible to make it show the total number of walks and hits if you scroll over WHIP as well?

Thanks!

I've updated the script to also show hits/walks when hovering over WHIP.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 20)

Postby Nooner » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:22 am

Bwanna wrote:
Nooner wrote:Is it possible to make it show the total number of walks and hits if you scroll over WHIP as well?

Thanks!

Thanks for making it work with WHIP. I was wondering if you could also make the script work for the category K/9. If not, no big deal. Thanks for all your awesome scripts!
Nooner
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bwanna » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:27 am

Nooner wrote:
Bwanna wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks for making it work with WHIP. I was wondering if you could also make the script work for the category K/9. If not, no big deal. Thanks for all your awesome scripts!

Done. Here's the script. Should display K/9 totals now.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Bwanna » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:31 am

jake_twothousandfive wrote:Script Suggestion:
Bwanna, you have covered basically every aspect of the game that Yahoo Fantasy Baseball is missing. The only thing that I can think of that might be useful that you haven't taken care of is a league roster page. ESPN.com has a nice roster page that allows you to see the entire leagues roster and makes it very easy to find other owners weaknesses and come up with potential deals. IMO it would be awesome if you could add this to Yahoo.

Looks like a good thing to have, but it may be a little more than I want to bite off. It would require a completely new page, which isn't impossible, just a bit of a pain. I'll keep thinking about it though.

This would probably be very easy for Yahoo to implement, so if Yahoo guys are reading, take a look ^.
[reg season/playoffs]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Bwanna » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:45 pm

Bwanna wrote:This script adds the innings pitched to a pitcher's Profile and Game Log page, up at the top with the other prominent stats:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/10066

I was simply annoyed at having to scan the detailed stats to find the number of innings pitched. IMO, it should go up with the 'big' stats being displayed. This script just reaches down and grabs the total innings pitched for the current year, and sticks at the end of the other stats.

Screenshot:

Modified this ^ script to display WHIP for relief pitchers. WHIP was displayed for starters, but saves were displayed for relievers. This change displays both WHIP, IP and Saves for relievers.
[reg season/playoffs]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Bwanna » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:26 pm

Bwanna wrote:
Bwanna wrote:This script adds the innings pitched to a pitcher's Profile and Game Log page, up at the top with the other prominent stats:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/10066

I was simply annoyed at having to scan the detailed stats to find the number of innings pitched. IMO, it should go up with the 'big' stats being displayed. This script just reaches down and grabs the total innings pitched for the current year, and sticks at the end of the other stats.

Screenshot:

Modified this ^ script to display WHIP for relief pitchers. WHIP was displayed for starters, but saves were displayed for relievers. This change displays both WHIP, IP and Saves for relievers.

Modified this ^ script (yet again) to display number of ABs per HR, Run, RBI, and SB:

[reg season/playoffs]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Boyakasha » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:30 pm

Quick suggestion: maybe you could add the pace the player is on for a full season. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard, especially if you just assumed the player was going to play 162 games (even though that's rarely true).

But, regardless, once again, gotta applaud you for your awesome scripts, man.
Boyakasha
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Re:

Postby Bwanna » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:14 pm

Bwanna wrote:Here's a script that displays team totals, where possible, for the current starters on a team. This prevents having to bring up the live stat tracker just to see current totals:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/9652

Hey, no need for this ^ script anymore. I just noticed totals are showing up at the bottom of each section! Good job, Yahoo! ;-D
[reg season/playoffs]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby tgalv » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:42 pm

nice that yahoo seems like they're copying your good stuff. but kinda sad that it takes someone making them look like idiots for them to make obvious improvements.
tgalv
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -5)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers