Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Browser Scripts

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo Browser Helpers (was Yahoo Batter/Pitcher Matchups...)

Postby Bwanna » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:35 pm

Here's a script I posted over in another forum to add a working 'Jump to:' dropdown at the bottom of the FBC forum page in order to have one at the top and the bottom:

Cheers.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 20)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bwanna » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:53 pm

Bwanna wrote:Modified this phpBB script to work with the current (standard?) phpBBv3 template:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/9332

For this template, it changes the following on every page...

'UCP (n new messages) * View your posts'

to...

'UCP (n new messages) * Your posts * Subscriptions * New posts * Active topics'

This is a personal preference, but I want access to all those links on every page, I don't want to have to go back to the home page to click 'View your posts', and I don't want to have to drill down thru the UCP to show my subscribed topics, etc.

Updated to add 'Bookmarks' and shorten other links:
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Bloody Nipples » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:22 pm

I have a question about your Matchups script. The highlighting of the stats against a pitcher and the AVG vs LHP or RHP is pretty sublte on my monitor. I tried to change it to another color, but I dont really know anything about code so when I replaced "yellow" with "blue" in the hilite function definition nothing actually changed. I was wondering if you could either tell me how to change that. I'm writing this here even though its a personal question since I suspect others may want to know the answer. Thanks Bwanna.
aka enderwiggin
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -4)

Postby Bwanna » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:00 pm

Bloody Nipples wrote:I have a question about your Matchups script. The highlighting of the stats against a pitcher and the AVG vs LHP or RHP is pretty sublte on my monitor. I tried to change it to another color, but I dont really know anything about code so when I replaced "yellow" with "blue" in the hilite function definition nothing actually changed. I was wondering if you could either tell me how to change that. I'm writing this here even though its a personal question since I suspect others may want to know the answer. Thanks Bwanna.

I've updated the script to take a couple of about:config options to change the colors. Install the new version of the script, then enter about:config in the address bar and type "highlight_color" in the filter field.

You should see these options:
Code: Select all
greasemonkey.scriptvals.http://glenncarr.com/greasemonkey/yahoofantasy/Yahoo Fantasy Baseball Matchups.hitter_highlight_color
greasemonkey.scriptvals.http://glenncarr.com/greasemonkey/yahoofantasy/Yahoo Fantasy Baseball Matchups.pitcher_highlight_color

These take HTML color codes. The default values are #FFFFA5 (light yellow) for the hitters, and #E0FFFF (light blue) for the pitchers.
[reg season/playoffs]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Bloody Nipples » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:05 am

Bwanna wrote:
Bloody Nipples wrote:I have a question about your Matchups script. The highlighting of the stats against a pitcher and the AVG vs LHP or RHP is pretty sublte on my monitor. I tried to change it to another color, but I dont really know anything about code so when I replaced "yellow" with "blue" in the hilite function definition nothing actually changed. I was wondering if you could either tell me how to change that. I'm writing this here even though its a personal question since I suspect others may want to know the answer. Thanks Bwanna.

I've updated the script to take a couple of about:config options to change the colors. Install the new version of the script, then enter about:config in the address bar and type "highlight_color" in the filter field.

You should see these options:
Code: Select all
greasemonkey.scriptvals.http://glenncarr.com/greasemonkey/yahoofantasy/Yahoo Fantasy Baseball Matchups.hitter_highlight_color
greasemonkey.scriptvals.http://glenncarr.com/greasemonkey/yahoofantasy/Yahoo Fantasy Baseball Matchups.pitcher_highlight_color

These take HTML color codes. The default values are #FFFFA5 (light yellow) for the hitters, and #E0FFFF (light blue) for the pitchers.

Perfect. Thanks. ;D
aka enderwiggin
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bwanna » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:12 pm

Updated this script to display the number of earned runs given up in a tooltip when hovering over the ERA:

[reg season/playoffs]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Rounders » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:29 pm

Bwanna wrote:Updated this script to display the number of earned runs given up in a tooltip when hovering over the ERA:

That will be usefull the too many times that my ERA is infinate (INF).
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Bwanna » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:53 pm

Rounders wrote:That will be usefull the too many times that my ERA is infinate (INF).

Well, unfortunately, in that case it won't display the earned runs.

It calculates the earned runs from the IP and ERA. If the ERA is displayed as 'INF', it doesn't have enough information. :,(
[reg season/playoffs]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Nooner » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:02 pm

Bwanna wrote:Updated this script to display the number of earned runs given up in a tooltip when hovering over the ERA:

Is it possible to make it show the total number of walks and hits if you scroll over WHIP as well?

Thanks!
Nooner
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bwanna » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:30 pm

Nooner wrote:

Is it possible to make it show the total number of walks and hits if you scroll over WHIP as well?

Thanks!

Yes, that shouldn't be a problem (again, except for the cases where the pitcher hasn't gotten any outs and his ERA and WHIP are the dreaded 'INF'.)
[reg season/playoffs]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers