So I was looking at the play-by-play of today's Twins-Tigers game and wondering why Verlander was only charged with 2 earned runs in the 2nd. Here is the inning:
Top 2nd: Minnesota
- J. Morneau doubled to deep right center
- T. Hunter singled to right, J. Morneau to third
- J. Kubel singled to right, J. Morneau scored, T. Hunter to third
- L. Rodriguez reached on fielder's choice, T. Hunter scored, J. Kubel to third on first baseman S. Casey's throwing error
- J. Bartlett fouled out to first
- J. Tyner sacrificed to second, J. Kubel scored, L. Rodriguez to second
- N. Punto singled to center, L. Rodriguez scored, N. Punto to second advancing on throw
- J. Mauer intentionally walked
- M. Cuddyer grounded into fielder's choice, J. Mauer out at second
The only error was a throwing error allowing a runner to advance. No batter actually reached on an error. Isn't Verlander responsible for all of the runs, even Rodriguez, who reached on a fielder's choice?
Last edited by deutschland on Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.