Return to Baseball Leftovers

Larry Bigbie

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Big Blue » Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:15 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
LBJackal wrote:If you're looking for a B'more OF, look no further than Luis Matos ;-D

My prediction for biggest sleeper of the year. Nobody else thinks so, but they'll all see!

I think you are right, LB, that Matos may be even better than Bigbie. He'll hit for around the same average and HRs and would steal more. In addition, while the Orioles have few CF options penciled in for the bench, Bigbie may lose time to Surhoff, Cordova (a platoon partner?), or Mora. The best option may also depend on where these two bat. A lot of depth charts have them batting 8/9 right now, but Matos may get a shot at leading off.

agreed the O's will score some runs and Matos will post nice #'s though not great
Big Blue
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby justinA » Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:05 pm

bigbie will prolly bat behind javy or mora on a regular basis. I see the lineup going 1 hairston 2 matos 3 tejada 4 gibbons/palmeiro 5 palmeiro/gibbons 6 javy 7 mora/bigbie 8 bigbie/mora 9 segui i guess (i hate him with a passion, such a waste) Both of them had great seaons last year and if either even comes near to repeating, bigbie will get some RBI opps.
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers