Return to Baseball Leftovers

Vlad Signs

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby chinch sacs » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:22 am

This is from Rotoworld, and they are rarely wrong

Vladimir Guerrero - OF - Montreal Expos Jan 10

The New York Daily News is reporting that Vladimir Guerrero will sign a five-year, $70 million contract with the Angels.

This wouldn't have come as a surprise a couple of months ago, but if it's true, the Angels came out of nowhere to pull this off now. The deal could mean that Garret Anderson will become available in trade talks. Finding a team willing to take Darin Erstad's contract would be a better option, but the most likely scenario is that Erstad will be moved to first base, sending Anderson to center and Jose Guillen to left

Fantasy sports are ruled by the 50-50-90 rule...

Anytime you have a 50/50 choice between two players, 90% of the time, you'll get it wrong
chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ramble2 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:25 am

Anonymous wrote:I can't see how you can possibly believe anything on an ESPN team board. Those idiots have no lives -- seriously they don't. Next time you see the unemployment rate, you'll know who comprises of it.

The LA Times is also reporting Vlad is an Angel.

:-? Let's see, how many posts are there on this on a Saturday night? Careful, you might be hitting a bit close to home here ... !+)

ramble2 wrote: It'll be interesting to see the details of the contract negotiations come out.

I had no idea it could get THIS interesting!

denvermax wrote:mariners espn board claims its a prank and that they started it. they say new york daily news picked it up and now its all over the place.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -6)

Postby denvermax » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:27 am

Anonymous wrote:I can't see how you can possibly believe anything on an ESPN team board. Those idiots have no lives -- seriously they don't. Next time you see the unemployment rate, you'll know who comprises of it.

The LA Times is also reporting Vlad is an Angel.

they really are all idiots. im 99% sure vlad is probably an angel,
but this angels thing came out of no where. not once did anyone say that vlad could be an angel and now everyone is saying hes signing there for 5 yrs 70 mil. with the growing number or reports it has to be true. but the first report was at new york daily news i belive, its possible an idiot there couldve seen it and wrote up on it, and everyone else fell in line.

oh well, just defending my case that im not an idiot to believe them (which i really dont) but i just wanted to post it here in case
denvermax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -16)

Postby wannabthechamp » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:29 am

RotoWorld suggested something interesting. They said if the Angels have really signed Vlad, Garret Anderson could become available for trade. I'm sure there'd be a few teams interested in him.
"I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany. - Ron Burgundy
wannabthechamp
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:29 am

Probably Irod heading to BAltimore now instead?
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -58)

Postby denvermax » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:30 am

wannabthechamp wrote:RotoWorld suggested something interesting. They said if the Angels have really signed Vlad, Garret Anderson could become available for trade. I'm sure there'd be a few teams interested in him.

hmmm..... :-?
what if the mariners dealt for him? garcia and winn? ;-7
we do need a left handed hitter with some pop in his bat :-)
denvermax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wrveres » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:34 am

denvermax wrote:
wannabthechamp wrote:RotoWorld suggested something interesting. They said if the Angels have really signed Vlad, Garret Anderson could become available for trade. I'm sure there'd be a few teams interested in him.

they need Garcia like a hole in the head. Angels have a surplus of starters already. .. :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby bell » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:34 am

Well ESPN's website has finally put up the story and they are citing the LA Times as their source.
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -76)

Postby denvermax » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:38 am

wrveres wrote:
denvermax wrote:

they need Garcia like a hole in the head. Angels have a surplus of starters already. .. :-)

the mariners need garcia?
if thats what you think, i disagree because its not like the M's are going anywhere this year especially now that vlad is an angel. soriano can take freddys spot. he will be there eventually.

and yes, the angels wouldnt need garcia or winn either, hence the ;-7 :-) , but still i wish the M's could pull off a deal for anderson.....somehow.
denvermax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bell » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:45 am

denvermax wrote:
wrveres wrote:
denvermax wrote:

the mariners need garcia?
if thats what you think, i disagree because its not like the M's are going anywhere this year especially now that vlad is an angel. soriano can take freddys spot. he will be there eventually.

and yes, the angels wouldnt need garcia or winn either, hence the ;-7 :-) , but still i wish the M's could pull off a deal for anderson.....somehow.

Someone like Anderson shouldn't be traded within the division. He shouldn't be traded at all. He's been the staple for that team.
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -76)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers