Return to Tampa Bay Rays

Durham

Moderators: hayseed, Baseball Moderators

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat May 05, 2007 8:09 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Sonnestine with another solid outing last night.

Raiders did u get to see it?

Nah, haven't been to see them in 2 weeks. Hopefully the next homestand, I can catch a few.
raiders_umpire

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jlm53089 » Thu May 17, 2007 1:58 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Raiders--

You think Sonnestine is ready to come up yet? I am thinking we move Fossum to the pen b/c he is horrible after the first couple innings and it gives us a lefty. That would open a spot and from what i see Sonnestine is the most ready to come up.

ive been saying that all year about fossum

and another ? do you think jae seo can hold up his qualty starts like his last outting
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Re: Durham

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:06 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:So since going back to Durham Orvella said he threw out everything Butcher told him last year and went back to his old motion, since than:

7.2 IP 1 H 2 BB 9 K

I would love to see the Orvella of 05 visit the Trop. ;D
raiders_umpire

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:23 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:

I would love to see the Orvella of 05 visit the Trop. ;D

As would I. I am surprised they had not have him going back to his old motion before this. It was obvious that Butcher destroyed him. Problem is that he wont be given a chance for a while b/c they already had him up and he did not pitch well. :/

Honestly he probably does not need to show back up in Tampa before September. His confidence has been destroyed at the major league level. I don't know if a revert to 05 form will help his major league numbers, but it definitely can not hurt to try. I imagine he gets a shot in September and if he fails, he will probably be gone from the organization this offseason.
raiders_umpire

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:41 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Raiders

you get to see Upton while he is in Durham?

Nah. I have not been to a ball game at Durham or Kinston in a few weeks. Try to catch the recaps on the news at night, but this dang house remodel is keeping me from going to the games live and in person.
raiders_umpire

Previous

Return to Tampa Bay Rays