Chad Cordero.....Getting darn near droppable?

Sleepers, updates, strategy, advice ... if it doesn't fit one of the more specialized categories, it goes right here! (Note: Please do NOT post trade, keeper or 'rate my team' questions - they have separate forums.)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Havok1517
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No
Roster Information: 12 Team 5X5 H2H 28 Man Roster Dynasty Keeper League

C: Salvador Perez (C)
1B: Joey Votto (1B)
2B: Gordon Beckham (2B)
3B: Aramis Ramirez (3B)
SS: Troy Tulowitski (SS)
OF: Carlos Gonzalez (OF)
OF: Ryan Braun (OF)
OF: Carlos Beltran (OF)
Util: Justin Morneau (1B)
Util: Michael Stanton (OF)
Bench: Nick Castellanos (3B)
Bench: Nick Markakis (OF)
Bench: Jonathan Villar (SS)
Bench: Javier Báez (SS)
Bench: Oscar Tavares (OF)
NA: Carlos Correa (SS)

SP: Felix Hernandez (SP)
SP: Zack Greinke (SP)
RP: Casey Janssen (RP)
RP: Jim Johnson (RP)
P: Ricky Nolasco (SP)
P: Jared Weaver (SP)
P: Yovani Gallardo (SP)
Bench: Lance Lynn (SP)
Bench: Jacob Turner (SP)
Bench: Yordano Ventura (SP)
Bench: Carlos Martinez (SP,RP)
Bench: Alex Wood (SP,RP)
NA: Robert Stephenson (SP)
NA: Max Fried (SP)

Farm System:
01: L. Brinson (Tex - OF)
02: Al. Reyes (Stl - SP)
03: Josh Bell (OF)
04. Drew Ward (3B)

Post by Havok1517 »

PlayingWithFire wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:He'll likely be traded in real life at the all-star break since he's a pending-FA this year.

Is he really? He's not even arbitration eligible anymore?

Ok, my bad. He's arb eligible for 2 more years but the cost of having a good & expensive closer on a bad team puts him on the block. But the news I've heard is that the Nationals would shop him to get arms and then replace him with Rauch.
PlayingWithFire
T-Ball Trainer

Post by PlayingWithFire »

Havok1517 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:He'll likely be traded in real life at the all-star break since he's a pending-FA this year.

Ok, my bad. He's arb eligible for 2 more years but the cost of having a good & expensive closer on a bad team puts him on the block. But the news I've heard is that the Nationals would shop him to get arms and then replace him with Rauch.

Bad idea IMO
davidmarver
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: [u]FBC/FFC Cafe Challenge[/u]
[i]12 Team 5x5 Roto[/i]
C - A.J. Pierzynski
1B - Ryan Howard
2B - Howie Kendrick
SS - Miguel Tejada
3B - Alex Gordon
OF - Manny Ramirez
OF - Rocco Baldelli
OF - Dave Roberts
UT - Jason Giambi

B - Ryan Freel
B - Scott Podsednik
B - B.J. Upton

P - Carlos Zambrano
P - B.J. Ryan
P - Scott Kazmir
P - Randy Johnson
P - Erik Bedard
P - Mike Mussina
P - Josh Beckett
P - Chuck James

Post by davidmarver »

Havok1517 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:

I think you're thinking about Francisco Cordero; he's a free-agent at the end of 2007.
bellybrother
T-Ball Trainer

Post by bellybrother »

Havok1517 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:

Obviously dropping a closer with a job is silly, but I did just pick up Rauch in case they do trade him....and if nothing else Rauch(and the other middle relievers) should get plenty of work this year.

I did watch the game last night and Bergman looked great. Still not sure if he was or the Braves made him look great. Seemed like they didn't have much plate discipline. They actually made Wash's starters look respectable this series(I also own Hill and he's actually impressed me a little). I'm still banking on any Nat reliever who can throw strikes and miss bats though. If there prove to be any anyway.
itodd
T-Ball Trainer

Post by itodd »

astav28 wrote:haha...wasnt really serious...just frustrated with my RP this year...i had cordero, fuentes, torres and dotel and thought that would be plenty but so far not so good.

wanna talk about frustrated? I have Rivera and both Cordero's and have like 4 saves so far :-o
j_d_mcnugent
T-Ball Trainer

Post by j_d_mcnugent »

baez once saved 40 for a d-rays team that won 67 games. racking up saves is all about getting wins in close games. i imagine the many of the nats wins will be close games. at this point i'm not terribly worried about a trade. the nats shopped him in the offseason and couldnt move him because they were asking for a lot. they will probably still be asking for a lot at the deadline. i am guessing if someone is that desperate for him they would keep him at closer.

Return to “Baseball Leftovers”