Here are the problems I'm having with TQSTATS:
The stats on the standings page are not correct, therefore the standings are not correct. This is a HUGE problem because if you can't trust the site, what good is it?
1. One team has Scott Rolen on the roster. On his team page, Rolen is listed as having played 4 games, with 2 hits in 14 at bats, 0 SB and 0 CS. His actual stats this season are: 5 games, 2 for 17, 0 SB, 1 CS.
2. Carl Crawford is missing a caught stealing.
3. Jose Reyes is missing a caught stealing.
~This is important to my league because we use net-steals as a category.
4. On the standings page, one team has the following stats:
On his team page (and the correct numbers):
Obviously, this throws off the standings.
5. They aren't carrying the rate stat categories out far enough to differentiate between points. For example, two teams are listed with OBPs of .380. TQSTATS is giving them each 6.5 points in the category. If you carry the OBP out to more decimal places, you see that one team is at .3805 and the other is at .3804. Therefore, one team should get 7 points and the other should get 6 points. This is true for OBP, SLG, ERA, WHIP, and K/BB. It would be very rare for teams to have identical numbers in those categories if you carry them out far enough.
Not as important as the reliability factor, but annoying nonetheless
1. When looking at the team standings, it shows a team's hitting points and pitching points, along with the total. It used to show all of the categories with each team's fantasy point total in each category.
2. When looking at team standings, they don't just show the categories needed for scoring, they show every category that I want listed when I look at my team stats (PA, AB, H, 2B, 3B, etc.). I want to see the full stat line when looking at my team but not when looking at the standings.
3. Live stats, which stopped working altogether yesterday afternoon, used to show "All Teams at a Glance." I very much liked this feature but it is no longer there.
4. Another feature I liked was "Past Stat Report," where I could see the league stats between certain dates. This is no longer offered.
Obviously, the most important thing is reliability. Right now, the standings are incorrect because of the problems mentioned above. And those are just the ones I know about. Finding these errors makes me wonder what other mistakes there might be that I don't have the time to find. The other things are mainly features that used to exist for TQSTATS that no longer exist, which is a downgrade in my book.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'